How to find/remove unused tags

I searched for and found instructions on finding and removing unused tags [see "view_unused" here].

HOWEVER, the first instruction starts at the "Window" menu item. I don't have one [see "quicken_menu" here].

So, how do I find and eliminate unused tags without the "Window -> Tags" menus?

THANKS!!

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @rod1@

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize for the confusion. The instructions you were found are actually used in Quicken for Mac. In the Windows version, you would select Tools >Tag list. From here, you can edit or remove the tags as needed. 

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    To remove a tag: select Tools > Tag List, the tag, and Delete: select Tools > Tag List

There are a few ways to determine the tags being used.  One way is to use a customized Itemized Tag report: select Reports > Spending > Itemized Tag  and press Alt + C.  Be certain to include all transactions (all dates, accounts, categories, payees, tags, amounts, types, transfers, status, ...).
  • rod1@
    rod1@ Member ✭✭
    THANKS, Community!! It appears that the Windows version has a bit less functionality than the Mac version, with regard to tags. I can use the report idea to list tags that ARE in use, then delete those not in that list one by one. THANK YOU for reading the question and responding so kindly!