Quicken asking for login but won't allow email to be entered. Other questions as well.

Options
tjrob2000
tjrob2000 Member ✭✭
So, a couple of questions. Background. I have quicken installed on a desktop and laptop. I upload the most up to date file from one computer to dropbox then download it to the other PC. This has worked just fine until this last week. The desktop started prompting me for my login, but it won't allow me to enter the email address. Also, it is creating a new database file with different account information, perhaps from previous syncs? Anyway, when I try to open the real data file it wants to convert it. Both computers have the same version of Quicken. They both use OneDrive as well, but our storage is full. Could this be the issue?

Best Answer

• tjrob2000
    tjrob2000 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Problem solved! I downloaded a backup from my laptop and had it do a restore and now all is good.

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Hello @tjrob2000

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. For this instance, I would recommend moving your active data file(s) out of your online cloud service (Onedrive, Dropbox, etc.) and place them onto your desktop. Once this is done, restore the backup(s) from within Quicken and run a validation. 

To do this select File >Validate and Repair File. 

In regards to not being able to enter your Quicken ID to sign in, it would be beneficial to have a screenshot to take a closer look at it. For instructions on attaching a screenshot click here. Please note that you may have to drag the image file into the response box. 

Please attempt the troubleshooting steps above and provide additional information. Once more information is gathered we can move towards diagnosing the sign-in issue. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Quicken Paloma said:  For this instance, I would recommend moving your active data file(s) out of your online cloud service (Onedrive, Dropbox, etc.) and place them onto your desktop.
    I think they are already doing this - as per ...
    I upload the most up to date file from one computer to dropbox then download it to the other PC

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Options
    tjrob2000 said:  Both computers have the same version of Quicken.
    They both use OneDrive as well, but our storage is full.
    What do you mean... "our storage is full" ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• tjrob2000
    tjrob2000 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Problem solved! I downloaded a backup from my laptop and had it do a restore and now all is good.
  • tjrob2000
    tjrob2000 Member ✭✭
    Options
    ps562k, by storage is full I mean our OneDrive (microsoft cloud storage) was full. We'd have to pay to get more. Regarding the copying the file to the hard drive directly, I did that and it didn't work until I used a backup file.
This discussion has been closed.