Northwestern Mutual Account

dgwilcox
dgwilcox Member ✭✭
Ir seems ever since I stoped using a financial rep at Northwestern Mutual 18 months ago, Quicken (Mac v6.2.2) does not recognize any new transactions. However, logging in to my account directly in a browser, I can see all the updated information. I've contacted Northwestern Mutual, but the response is if I can see the info on a browser, there is no reason Quicken can't download it.

However, there are some issues:

1. I now must have two-factor authentication enabled at Northwestern Mutual. If I try to reset the connection, Quicken does not ask for that information.

2a. Account numbers: The Quicken desktop app indicates one, Quicken on the Web indicates a different one, both of which do not match the actual one on the Northwestern Mutual site.

2b. On a side note, as Quicken is trying to update the connection to Northwestern Mutual, it shows two closed accounts.

BTW, the only webpage I could find about connecting Northwestern Mutual to Quicken is five years out of date, and lists an old Quicken name for the institution.

I'm not hopeful this can be resolved as both Northwestern Mutual and my version of Quicken don't seem to like each other. But it is also not super critical, just a "nice to have," since I can connect all of my other bank and investment accounts.

Any insight is appreciated, Thx.

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @dgwilcox

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having difficulties updating your transactions. I would recommend updating to the newer version of Quicken for Mac (6.3.1). 

To do this select Quicken (top left corner) >Check for updates. Once you are up to date you should be able to click One Step Update and obtain the most current transactions. 

In regards to the information variation between your desktop and web version, I would recommend resetting your Quicken cloud data and resyncing to have the information be the same on all platforms. 

To do this select Help (top right) >Hold Options key >Troubleshooting >Reset Cloud. 

Hope this helps. Please attempt the troubleshooting steps above and let us know if you have any questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • dgwilcox
    dgwilcox Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the suggestions... but no love here. However, what I failed to mention is the account in question is a variable annuity, which it seems Quicken has some issues with - or at least in my case. Neverless, I can just manually update the account.
This discussion has been closed.