Adding an existing Fidelity SEP account to Quicken and advice on reconciling investment accounts

I started adding our Retirement and Investing accounts to Quicken starting Jan 2021. This Fidelity account was started years ago, just one account when I rolled over a retirement account. It is a Fidelity Advisor Fund. Initially I was not able to find any way other than manually adding the amounts, which was fine for the first day but did not know how to show the growth, and was making mistakes. Finally I was able to figure out how to just type in the specific fund this money was in, and use the stock amount rather than value, and was able to automatically fill in the growth from Sept 2016 to get some history on its growth. I have tried several ways of making this account, with starting balance current and in the past, fixed and non fixed, and each time the account amount drops to $1 at the beginning of January 2021, then back up to the correct amount. Since this is not a major problem, I can live with it. But since I spent a better part of one day just learning this, was hoping to get some additional feedback on whether there was a better way of making this account. If you can point me to a good article on learning how to add investment accounts and reconciling them correctly, added points, as I need the tutorial.
Tagged:

Best Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Since Quicken moved to this current forum platform (Vanilla forums) in February 2020, you no longer need to subscribe to a thread in which you have posted; you are automatically subscribed and will received emails each time someone posts to the thread. (In fact, there's no way to unsubscribe to a thread once you have posted, which can get quite annoying at times.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    To subscribe to any thread click here:

This flag is also available on the Recent Discussion list.

Also there are a lot of notification options here:

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• Karrma
    Karrma Member
    In learning the forums, I saw that it was recommended that I subscribe to my own question. How do I do that? Did not see how to in the frequent question info.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Since Quicken moved to this current forum platform (Vanilla forums) in February 2020, you no longer need to subscribe to a thread in which you have posted; you are automatically subscribed and will received emails each time someone posts to the thread. (In fact, there's no way to unsubscribe to a thread once you have posted, which can get quite annoying at times.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    To subscribe to any thread click here:

This flag is also available on the Recent Discussion list.

Also there are a lot of notification options here:

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.