Does Quicken Use PureCloud as Technical Support for Customers?

JanetMcConnell
JanetMcConnell Member ✭✭
A couple of days ago I posted that I thought I was reaching out to Quicken support (via chat) and they were able to run a command on my laptop and asked for $600.

I'm trying to reach the official (legit) Quicken Support site but I kept being taken to PURECLOUD web chat. Is this legitimate or has Quicken been hacked?

Best Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @JanetMcConnell

Quicken Support uses PureCloud to facilitate its Chat function.  So that is ligit.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021 Answer ✓
    Quicken Support does use Genesys's PureCloud portal to provide web chat.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    And... you never answered the question - about PureCloud -
    which @Sherlock and @Frankx did...
    YES - the Chat function is offloaded to PureCloud ...

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @JanetMcConnell

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize for the confusion. When contacting Quicken Support an agent will never charge for troubleshooting or for providing assistance. Additionally, Quicken agents do not have the ability to remotely run commands on your device(s). The only ability they have is to screen share with users if and when allowed. Again I apologize for the confusion. 

To contact Quicken Support via chat or phone please visit the link below. 

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Let us know of any questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @JanetMcConnell

Quicken Support uses PureCloud to facilitate its Chat function.  So that is ligit.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Quicken Support does use Genesys's PureCloud portal to provide web chat.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    And... you never answered the question - about PureCloud -
    which @Sherlock and @Frankx did...
    YES - the Chat function is offloaded to PureCloud ...

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• JanetMcConnell
    JanetMcConnell Member ✭✭
    Thank you for the feedback Sherlock. When on the Quicken site and once the 'chat' option is selected the web address is:

apps.mypurecloud.com/webchat/popup/etc.

I searched Quicken for the keyword 'pure cloud' and found zero information. And all the info says to make sure you stay on the Quicken site. Quicken needs to provide instructions that it is okay to not stay on the site for support chats and mention pure cloud.

Thanks again.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree - the Quicken website should inform the user that CHAT will happen over on PureCloud

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the feedback Sherlock. When on the Quicken site and once the 'chat' option is selected the web address is:

apps.mypurecloud.com/webchat/popup/etc.

I searched Quicken for the keyword 'pure cloud' and found zero information. And all the info says to make sure you stay on the Quicken site. Quicken needs to provide instructions that it is okay to not stay on the site for support chats and mention pure cloud.

Thanks again.
    Perhaps you should have tried searching for purecloud or mypurecloud.
This discussion has been closed.