CC-503 with New York Community Bank (NYCB) formerly known as Roslyn Savings Bank

cowbawx
cowbawx Member ✭✭
For the last week or so I have been receiving CC-503 when connecting with my bank (in subject). I have *already* attempted to troubleshoot via https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-updating-accounts-cc-503 and it does NOT work. Entering NYCB or New York Community Bank for the Bank Name does NOT work as it is not found. If I enter Roslyn Savings Bank (former name) it finds it, and shows me the correct bank URL. I can login perfectly fine with the NYCB Mobile App, and perfectly fine with the website (www.mynycb.com). This appears to be an issue with Quicken and/or the Bank. NYCB claims they do not support Quicken - yet you have them listed. Go figure. Please assist as I pay for a subscription, and if I cannot get this to work, I have no reason to continue to subscribe. Thank you!

Best Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @cowbawx and @EugeneR

Quicken Support staff just posted an Announcement located HERE.  This indicates that your problems are more widespread than we knew.  I suggest that you bookmark this announcement so that you'll be notified when things get sorted-out and fixed.

Let me know if you have any followups. 

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @cowbawx,

You are correct (in my view) - the above referenced merger with Flagstar has nothing to do with this current Q problem, for the reasons that you cite above (i.e. that merger has not even closed, etc.).

As best I can tell from the limited information provided - the four financial institutions noted had all provided customers with Quicken access prior to their mergers with NYCB and have allowed that to continue afterwards, in some cases for a number of years.  But the current Q problems involving these four banks is not limited to them, since Q Support posted over 30 different "Alerts, Online Banking & Known Product Issues" just yesterday, many of which appear to be new.  And given the volume, I expect that Quicken will be closely monitoring their service partners' progress in fixing these issues.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• cowbawx
    cowbawx Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Received a call from Quicken today. Roslyn Savings Bank should work now. Others as well, probably! There was some switchover the bank did on the back-end that affected services, and no one was told.
  • cowbawx
    cowbawx Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    > @ciarmer said:
    > Thanks for posting this. It is not working for me (using Queens County Savings Bank). I keep getting the error "cc-929". I attempted to "fix" the error by logging out of my Quicken Account and then logging back in. Same error. 
    > I'll try again tomorrow. 

Same thing happened to me. Turns out Quicken blocks you from connecting to the bank after XX amount of tries. Reach out to them and tell them to reset your account (or whatever they do to remove the block). After that, it should work fine.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @cowbawx

As best I can tell, you should be able to connect to your NYCB account.  NYCB is on the Financial Institutions directory, so I don't know why they "claim they do not support Quicken".

Are you using Quicken on the Web or Quicken Mobile?  If so that could potentially be causing the problem.  Here's the guidance to troubleshoot the CC-503 error - LINK.  I suggest that you follow the steps outlined in this document.

Let me know how that goes and/or if you have any followup questions.

Frankx

• cowbawx
    cowbawx Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the response. I'm using the latest version of the Quicken Windows Desktop Application. They did in fact tell me they do not support Quicken. The link you provided sends me to a page that I do not have permission to access, but I already tried the CC-503 troubleshooting steps and they do not work, so I'm not really sure where to go from here.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry about the bad link - try this one LINK.

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @cowbawx

If that doesn't work, I'd suggest you contact Quicken Support via this LINK.

Let me know how it works out.

Frankx

• cowbawx
    cowbawx Member ✭✭
    > @Frankx said:
    > Sorry about the bad link - try this one LINK.

That's the exact link I said I already tried in my original post. :/ Thanks, though. Should I call Quicken, at this point?
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @cowbawx,

Yes, I suggest that you contact Quicken Support using this LINK.

Let us know hw that goes.

Frankx

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @cowbox,

The strange thing about your problem is that Roslyn Savings Bank (and it has a reference to NYCB) is still shown as "ACTIVE" on the Quicken Financial Institution Directory - the listing of banks and other financial institutions that are available to connect with Quicken.  You might want to mention that to the Quicken agent when you talk to them.

Frankx

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If your bank recently changed their website or password requirements please read and follow instructions here:
    Quicken Uses Incorrect URL for Online Banking

For online billers please see if you can manage (remove and re-add) the online biller, to see if their profile has already been updated.

If that doesn't resolve the issue:

• It is the bank's or biller's contractual obligation to notify their Quicken download service provider, Intuit, of any changes to their websites and download functions in a timely manner before the change is implemented. Intuit needs a sufficient amount of lead time to review, change and test their programs, to adapt to the changes the bank makes.
    • The bank also needs to notify their customers of this change in a timely fashion and detail any actions that might be required by the customer to regain access after the change was introduced.
    • If they didn't do that, complain to your bank's or biller's upper level management.
    • Also contact Quicken Support via Chat or Phone at https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support  during posted hours of operation and report this Online Banking issue, so that Quicken Support can escalate this issue to Intuit Inc.  Ultimately, however, the bank or biller must work together with Intuit on solving this update issue.

Please let us know if you were able to get this issue resolved (or not).

• cowbawx
    cowbawx Member ✭✭
    On the phone with them an hour now... they don't know what the cause is yet. We tried in a new quicken file and same issue - they also had me try other bank names that are associated with NYCB, and same result - CC-503. I uploaded logs to them. On a side note - why are you referring to Intuit, Inc? Quicken is no longer associated with Intuit, they are a separate company now.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @cowbawx

Yes they are separate companies, however they have a business relationship - Intuit is Quicken's aggregator - the entity that, for express web connect accounts actually screen-scrapes and downloads the data from the financial institutions and then provides that data to Quicken.  So they are still part of the downloading process, for some connections.

Frankx

• cowbawx
    cowbawx Member ✭✭
    Thanks, good to know. The guy on the phone was the one that told me they are not at all associated with Intuit... if true, they probably don't know that then. End result for now - they escalated the ticket and the next level will contact the bank for more information. Thanks again to you both for your responses. I'll write in here once I receive a reply with a resolution (or with no resolution).
  • bdesatnik
    bdesatnik Member ✭✭
    Hello,

I am having a similar issue (INVALID_CREDENTIALS) but with Quicken for Mac and another NYCB bank, Ohio Savings Bank. My credentials work fine when using the NYCB website but they don't work in Quicken. I've had this problem since this past Saturday.

I too have contacted NYCB and was told they don't support 3rd party applications. Online with Quicken Chat, they had me create a new Quicken file and a connection to Ohio Savings Bank - same error. They told me they don't have access to the NYCB servers to further assist. So, getting no help at all thus far.

Suggestions on who to contact at Quicken for further assistance?
  • cowbawx
    cowbawx Member ✭✭
    > @bdesatnik said:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am having a similar issue (INVALID_CREDENTIALS) but with Quicken for Mac and another NYCB bank, Ohio Savings Bank. My credentials work fine when using the NYCB website but they don't work in Quicken. I've had this problem since this past Saturday.
    >
    > I too have contacted NYCB and was told they don't support 3rd party applications. Online with Quicken Chat, they had me create a new Quicken file and a connection to Ohio Savings Bank - same error. They told me they don't have access to the NYCB servers to further assist. So, getting no help at all thus far.
    >
    > Suggestions on who to contact at Quicken for further assistance?

That tells me this is a much larger issue with 2 possible results... Either they fix it or they don't. You can call the phone number on the contact page via link above, if you have a subscription.
  • bdesatnik
    bdesatnik Member ✭✭
    Thanks. Yes, I do have a subscription
  • ciarmer
    ciarmer Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    This happens periodically with New York Community Bank. I have been through the process at least three times in the last five years. My bank is Queens County Savings Bank which is also part of New York Community Bank. Queens County Savings Bank is listed on the Quicken list of banks. With the current "outage" I've tried resetting the account and also tried to add the account again. In the past I have called into support to no avail. I've also called the bank to no avail as their standard response is they do not support Quicken. Historically, the problem lasts a while (sometimes a few weeks) and then at some point it starts to work again. I've never had a good explanation as to why. It is quite frustrating and time consuming. The error is usually a 503 error but this time it sometimes shows a cc-929 error. This morning it was a 503 error; This evening it is showing a cc-929 error again.
    I'm using Quicken for Windows. I also have no difficulty accessing my accounts with this Bank through the web and I also don't have any problems using the New York Community Bank app on my iPhone. But when the same credentials are used in Quicken a 503 or a 929 error arises.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @clarmer @cowbawx @bdesatnik

I tried to add an account to a test file today and got the CC-503 error first and then got the CC-929 error.  I believe this indicates that the bank continues to allow Quicken to access its servers but the connection does not complete at this time.

Obviously, your attempts to contact the bank to have them fix the problem have fallen on deaf ears.  That, and the fact that they do not mention Quicken or its availability on their website tell me that, while they have maintained Quicken connectivity for their customers, they do not promote it or believe it is significant to their business plan.

I suggest that you continue to attempt to connect with the bank, on the hope that whatever is causing this connection problem gets fixed, but if your Quicken connection is an important feature for you, you may want to start thinking about moving your account(s) to another financial institution.

Please keep us posted about any new developments.

Frankx

• cowbawx
    cowbawx Member ✭✭
    ...or... stop paying for a quicken subscription. :)
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    cowbawx said:
    ...or... stop paying for a quicken subscription. :)

... or ... how about taking your business to another bank that is more reliable when it comes to connectivity with Quicken?
  • cowbawx
    cowbawx Member ✭✭
    edited August 2021
    > @UKR said:
    > ... or ... how about taking your business to another bank that is more reliable when it comes to connectivity with Quicken?

That doesn't seem very logical. Why go to another bank that will possibly charge me extra for things that my current bank, for the last 21 years, has not? I manually input transactions, anyway. The downloads are merely a way to reconcile. I can do that myself, also. Instead, I can just not pay Quicken, and then I'm saving money instead of potentially losing it. Also - Quicken told me they are contacting the bank to find out what's going on... i mean, really, fat chance that they will resolve this issue, based on what other people in this thread have responded, but worth a shot, nonetheless.
  • EugeneR
    EugeneR Member ✭✭
    Same exact problem here with Roslyn Savings Bank (part of NYCB)
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @cowbawx and @EugeneR

Quicken Support staff just posted an Announcement located HERE.  This indicates that your problems are more widespread than we knew.  I suggest that you bookmark this announcement so that you'll be notified when things get sorted-out and fixed.

Let me know if you have any followups. 

Frankx

• cowbawx
    cowbawx Member ✭✭
    Thank you! What's INSANE, is that these mergers are NOT RECENT! smh
  • ciarmer
    ciarmer Member ✭✭✭✭
    They are not talking about the merger of the NYCB entities which occurred years ago. They are talking about the recent merger agreement between NYCB and Flagstar.

It is very hard for me to believe that the recently announced merger between NYCB and Flagstar would have anything to do with the download issue. It actually is amusing. The merger was approved by shareholders 20 days ago. (Not a typo - 20 days ago). The deal is not expected to close until the fourth quarter of this year. That news was sufficient for someone to go into the link between Quicken and NYCB entities and break something? Just hard to believe. I don't think anyone is going to touch anything having to do with bank downloads until the deal closes. (Just my humble opinion).

Also, there is at least one other entity within NYCB which is affected by the current breakdown and that is Queens County Savings Bank. 
  • cowbawx
    cowbawx Member ✭✭
    > @ciarmer said:
    > They are not talking about the merger of the NYCB entities which occurred years ago. They are talking about the recent merger agreement between NYCB and Flagstar.

OK....

>
    > It is very hard for me to believe that the recently announced merger between NYCB and Flagstar would have anything to do with the download issue. It actually is amusing. The merger was approved by shareholders 20 days ago. (Not a typo - 20 days ago). The deal is not expected to close until the fourth quarter of this year. That news was sufficient for someone to go into the link between Quicken and NYCB entities and break something? Just hard to believe. I don't think anyone is going to touch anything having to do with bank downloads until the deal closes. (Just my humble opinion).
    >

...but then you say it's hard to believe... didn't you just say that this merger caused it? Either way. I doubt this has anything to do with it. Maybe the folks at Quicken should comment here for a change and tell us what happened.

> Also, there is at least one other entity within NYCB which is affected by the current breakdown and that is Queens County Savings Bank. 
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @cowbawx,

You are correct (in my view) - the above referenced merger with Flagstar has nothing to do with this current Q problem, for the reasons that you cite above (i.e. that merger has not even closed, etc.).

As best I can tell from the limited information provided - the four financial institutions noted had all provided customers with Quicken access prior to their mergers with NYCB and have allowed that to continue afterwards, in some cases for a number of years.  But the current Q problems involving these four banks is not limited to them, since Q Support posted over 30 different "Alerts, Online Banking & Known Product Issues" just yesterday, many of which appear to be new.  And given the volume, I expect that Quicken will be closely monitoring their service partners' progress in fixing these issues.

Frankx

• cowbawx
    cowbawx Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Received a call from Quicken today. Roslyn Savings Bank should work now. Others as well, probably! There was some switchover the bank did on the back-end that affected services, and no one was told.
  • ciarmer
    ciarmer Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting this. It is not working for me (using Queens County Savings Bank). I keep getting the error "cc-929". I attempted to "fix" the error by logging out of my Quicken Account and then logging back in. Same error. 
    I'll try again tomorrow. 
  • cowbawx
    cowbawx Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    > @ciarmer said:
    > Thanks for posting this. It is not working for me (using Queens County Savings Bank). I keep getting the error "cc-929". I attempted to "fix" the error by logging out of my Quicken Account and then logging back in. Same error. 
    > I'll try again tomorrow. 

Same thing happened to me. Turns out Quicken blocks you from connecting to the bank after XX amount of tries. Reach out to them and tell them to reset your account (or whatever they do to remove the block). After that, it should work fine.
  • ciarmer
    ciarmer Member ✭✭✭✭
    Update - still not working. Still  getting CC-929 error. 

2 hours and 45 minutes in chat with three separate people from support. They ask you to do something, gather logs, upload them and then if you are unfortunate enough not to be able to do what they ask you to do within a certain period of time (like three minutes or so) you get cut off and have to start over again. If you're lucky, the new person can find the thread and take up where you left off. 

After all of that they asked me to upload files again (after logging off and logging back into quicken and then specifically asking me to try to add the account again three times  -- specifically they wanted me to add the account three times - I guess so they could make sure that they found it in the logs). I did all that, uploaded the log files again and then they did their analysis for a while. I then was asked to log out and then back in and try again to add the account and I was still getting CC-929 errors. I'm not exaggerating. 2 hours and 45 minutes. Final outcome? It has been further escalated and they will get back to me through email. Specifically stated they could not give me any clue about when I might hear something back from them. 

Simply hard to believe but there we are. Unreal. 
  • ciarmer
    ciarmer Member ✭✭✭✭
    And.... all of a sudden, my transactions from NYCB (Queens County Savings Bank) started to work again this morning. I have no idea why. I haven't heard a word from Quicken Support after spending 2 hours and 45 minutes on chats with them 4 days ago. Basically, it just started to work again, which is actually what I thought was going to happen even before I reached out to Quicken Support. As I mentioned on 8/18, it is a recurring pattern. No different from the past issues. Going forward it will work until it doesn't work an more and then it will work again after a time. Insane.

Nothing from Quicken; nothing from the Bank. 

I'm glad it is working again. The sad part is my confidence in Quicken Support is about as low as it has ever been. 
This discussion has been closed.