Quicken and Multiple T. Rowe Price Mutual Funds (under one login)

Options
I have 2 mutual funds with my T. Rowe Price retirement/investment account but they treat each as its own for some reason. I am sure I can create 2 accounts in quicken to go along with this but right now I have them both in one...the total matches....but for one I manually enter a deposit transaction every month...it isn't a huge deal but wondering if there is a solution? I reached out to T. Rowe Price and they said no so maybe that's it but surely I am not the only one with this issue? Thanks!

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do you have these set up, in Q, as "Single Mutual Fund" accounts? Does TRP require such?  Because, unless TRP requires such, there's really no reason to use that function for investments.
    A brokerage account, with tax attributes set appropriately, works much better.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I believe TRP requires the one-fund / one-Quicken-account setup.  If that is true, you have no easy alternative.

It might be possible to download each fund transaction to its own account, and then move transactions from the download target account to a separate combined account, but I would not recommend it.  Too much can go wrong and the TRP download might end up throwing a bunch of placeholder options at you that you would not want.