my account is no longer in the onestep update vault

Options
Manage passwords no longer shows some of my accounts so I can't even input my passwords again.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Hi @alizabeth

Yes, the password vault has changed recently when Quicken updated some of its online processes. 

What were you trying to do regarding your passwords?  Hopefully you are still able to connect with and download transactions from your accounts. 

If a password has changed, the next time you try to download from that account, it won't work (i.e. download) but Quicken will then ask you for the (new) password and then it will be saved by Quicken similar to the way it worked before.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• alizabeth
    alizabeth Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi, thank you Frankx. when i hit one step, each of my bank accounts asks for a password. I put them in but a message comes up and says the bank accounts need passwords. So that didn't work. So I went to "manage passwords," however, none of my bank accounts show up on the list. None. Nor my investment accounts--only my credit cards, so I can't put in my passwords there. My accounts do show up in the account list--phew! They do show up in the one-step update, but "password and a box for them" is greyed out, and as I say, "manage passwords" doesn't bring up my asset accounts at all. Zero.
    Thanks
    Support is closed.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    On the Account List (Tools menu), are these Express Web Connect or Direct Connect connections?  That will determine if there should be passwords in the PV, see this thread also: EWC->QCS No Pwd

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• alizabeth
    alizabeth Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you. I will call today and see if they can answer my question. They all worked before. I went back to a previous saved file. Thanks, again.
This discussion has been closed.