"use cash for this transaction" grayed out

Options
shoneinc
shoneinc Member ✭✭
"use cash for this transaction" grayed out. Just started when I have bought some stock. Surprised the problem has not been documented here.

Best Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Perhaps, is your this taxable brokerage account tied to a "checking type account"?
    Do TOOLS, Account List and click EDIT adjacent to your brokerage account.  Is "Show Cash in a checking account" clicked?
    If so, then cash from that Linked Checking Account will be used to make the purchase ... as cash would be displayed there instead of the brokerage account itself ... thus, according to Q, there is no cash in the brokerage account itself;

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• shoneinc
    shoneinc Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thank you so much. In the account details I inadvertently checked "Show cash in checking account". That set in motion a new linked account which as you pointed out limited buys from that source and greyed out the opportunity to use any other account. Where were you before I spent tens of hours trying to figure it out on my own, I am indebted. to you. ✌

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Perhaps, is your this taxable brokerage account tied to a "checking type account"?
    Do TOOLS, Account List and click EDIT adjacent to your brokerage account.  Is "Show Cash in a checking account" clicked?
    If so, then cash from that Linked Checking Account will be used to make the purchase ... as cash would be displayed there instead of the brokerage account itself ... thus, according to Q, there is no cash in the brokerage account itself;

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• shoneinc
    shoneinc Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thank you so much. In the account details I inadvertently checked "Show cash in checking account". That set in motion a new linked account which as you pointed out limited buys from that source and greyed out the opportunity to use any other account. Where were you before I spent tens of hours trying to figure it out on my own, I am indebted. to you. ✌
This discussion has been closed.