Unable to update American Express Serve

Jackamus
Jackamus Member
Seems this issued started in March and still has not resolved itself. Neither mac or windows will update the Serve account. Today was error code 800, trying to re-add it will not re-add. I know Serve updated apps and website in March. Do they no longer support Quicken or does Quicken no longer support them? Again, this happens to both Mac and Windows versions of Quicken. All my other accounts seem to update just fine. Anyone else having issues?

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @Jackamus

Thanks for the update. If you're also receiving the error on a test file then what we're going to want to do is contact  Quicken Support so that we're able to collects logs to see what exactly is causing the error you're having. This will let us escalate the issue if we're not able to fix it as well. I'll leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Quicken Phone Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

Quicken Chat Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Sunday

Answers

• Quicken Francisco

Hello @Jackamus

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize in the issue you're having. That is odd I'm wondering where exactly the issue is. I was trying on my end to see if I could type in fake credentials but was receiving a normal 503 error message. I believe in this case it might help trying to see on a test file if we have a similar issue. This will give us a better idea of where exactly the issue is. I'll leave steps down below and you can find it on the third step on the article.

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

Once you get the chance let us know what you're able to find out. From there we'll see what we're able to do next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Jackamus
    Jackamus Member
    Thanks for the reply. I created a test file and tried to add a Serve account and it will not add. Error: Sorry. We encountered and error. It's not your fault. Then I am present with Try again or enter transactions manually.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Answer ✓
    @Jackamus

Thanks for the update. If you're also receiving the error on a test file then what we're going to want to do is contact  Quicken Support so that we're able to collects logs to see what exactly is causing the error you're having. This will let us escalate the issue if we're not able to fix it as well. I'll leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Quicken Phone Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday

Quicken Chat Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Sunday

• thecontes
    thecontes Member ✭✭
    I am also having this problem and have for some time. @Jackamus, were you able to resolve your issue?
  • Jackamus
    Jackamus Member
    No, I have not been able to resolve the issue.
  • citynomad
    citynomad Member ✭✭
    I have been having the same issue for months now. Has anyone else been able to fix it?
  • Jim Mooree
    Jim Mooree Member ✭✭
    edited October 2021
    I had been able to download my activity from my serve card until about March also.  I tried to connect to it again today and received the error below.  I sanitized as much as I could (which information that meant something to me) and I did submit it from the quicken screen to tech support.

There is no way to reach AmEx Serve other than on the phone, and I tried that.  That is beyond useless.  So, our only hope is to have quicken and serve work behind the scenes to fix this.  

Hopefully it will be fixed soon

FI name: American Express Serve Prepaid Car

response:
    {
      "status" : "AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR",
      "aggregators" : [
        {
          "channel" : "FDS_DEFAULT",
          "cpAggStatusCode" : "ccscrape.155",
          "aggStatus" : "FI_BLOCKING",
          "isProcessing" : false,
          "cpAggStatusDetail" : "Error 155 FI is blocking our access"
        }
      ],
      "mode" : "DISCOVER_AND_ADD_ACCOUNTS",
      "institutionLoginId" : "294819089265070592",
      "isProcessing" : false
    }

[edited to remove unnecessary log data/privacy]
  • rfwfoco
    rfwfoco Member
    I have also been experiencing the same issue described in the previous comment for a long time. Downloads for the Serve card worked long ago, but not for many months. I have tried the usual remedies for download problems, including turning off online access and then re-enabling it, but it always fails. I tried several times in January 2022 and again today. After a short delay "looking for your accounts" for my Serve account, the result in the Quicken setup UI shows a CC-555 and the result shown in the cloud log is quite similar to what's posted in the previous comment:

<!-- ***** RECV from https://services.quicken.com/institution-logins/296314706414016256/poll at 12:19:05 on 20220206 ***** -->
    {"institutionLoginId":"296314706414016256","mode":"DISCOVER_AND_ADD_ACCOUNTS","status":"AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR","aggregators":[{"channel":"FDP_DEFAULT","aggStatus":"FI_BLOCKING","cpAggStatusCode":"FDP-155","cpAggStatusDetail":"Error 155 FI is blocking our access","isProcessing":false}],"isProcessing":false}

I have contacted Serve.com customer service at 1-800-954-0559, but the agents I've reached there seem completely unaware of the concept of downloading transactions to Quicken. Their position is essentially that I have no problem if I can view transactions in the web interface they provide at https://secure.serve.com - which I can.

I suggest that if downloading data from Serve accounts into Quicken is no longer possible, that the Serve Prepaid Card should be removed from Quicken's list of online institutions.
This discussion has been closed.