Barclay Bank Not Downloading Transactions/No Errors (Windows)

System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Barclay Bank not Downloading (Mac).

Best Answer

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

Our teams have identified that the root of this issue is with the financial institution, however, we have escalated this with our service providers and are working with them and Barclays Bank to resolve this as quickly as possible.

If you would like to be automatically notified as updates and/or a resolution become available, please visit here, and bookmark the alert.

Thank you,

Sarah

Answers

• CLG
    CLG Member
    Also having the same problem
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited August 2021
    Hello @Hollyd0633 & @CLG,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, if you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you save a backup of your data file first (just in case). Then, please follow the instructions provided below.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password
    Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• johnnypkg
    johnnypkg Member ✭✭
    no this did not work
  • mebarrett59
    mebarrett59 Member ✭✭
    I have the same problem. Signing out and back in didn't help.
  • irish316
    irish316 Member ✭✭
    Haven't been able to download Barclaycard for Windows for the past 4-5 days. This seems to be a problem with this credit card across Mac and Windows right now. Very frustrating to deal with daily.
  • Tami Joachim Brzenk
    Tami Joachim Brzenk Member ✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Same issue here! But I think it's Barclay and not Quicken. If you try to download the transactions (even to an Excel file) it will only download transactions up to 8/13/21. It seems everything after this date will not download at all.
  • ArtinKY
    ArtinKY Member
    Same here.
  • gyoung345
    gyoung345 Member ✭✭✭
    I am having the same issue.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is ENTIRELY a Barclay's issue.  Q can do NOTHING to fix it.  Even a Web Connect download (initiated at Barclay's website) produces nothing.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• wandrea
    wandrea Member
    Same problem with Barclays Master Card. Online balance shows correctly but does not download missing transactions. Also can not update by downloading the web file for Quicken from the Barclays site.
  • hswander
    hswander Member ✭✭
    After an hour on hold, a technical person with Barclay's indicates THEY are having issues with regard to this matter. I specifically asked if there was ANY info regarding Barclay discontinuing support for Quicken as some thread here seemed to indicate She replied that she is unaware of any information with that regard and the matter has been escalated to senior support. She hopes the process with return to normal soon.
  • MaureenP
    MaureenP Member
    I am currently having the same problem with my Aviator Mastercard through Barclays. I have been told it is a problem with the bank and the bank says that they have no one who can help me.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

Our teams have identified that the root of this issue is with the financial institution, however, we have escalated this with our service providers and are working with them and Barclays Bank to resolve this as quickly as possible.

If you would like to be automatically notified as updates and/or a resolution become available, please visit here, and bookmark the alert.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you @Quicken Sarah and Quicken team for escalating this to Barclay.
    All users, It is very easy to verify that the issue is with Barclay (and not Quicken).  Simply login to your Barclay online account and go to Activity & Statements > Transactions.  Initiate a download to Excel and save it.  Open the Excel file there will be no transactions after about Aug 10 or thereabouts!  Ditto with their Quicken download, meaning they are sending blank data to Quicken.  In other words, Barclay is not including recent transactions to their download module - which only they can fix.

- QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• NewProblem
    NewProblem Member
    just spoke with Barclays. They have identified the problem and are in contact with Quicken. Barclays hopes all will be working by 27 Aug.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• gyoung345
    gyoung345 Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you. Looking forward to the resolution.
  • tyeee
    tyeee Member ✭✭✭
    Having the same problem. I have not been able to download Barclay's transactions for the last 10 days. Glad the issue is not on my end. Hope they resolve it soon.
  • jcu1963
    jcu1963 Member
    I spoke with a Barclays technical support person this afternoon. He indicated that Barclay was no longer working with (my words) Quicken. As such downloading credit card transactions into Quicken using the "Download Transaction" tab at the bottom left of the Quicken screen seems to connect to the bank ok but does not download any new transactions. What is funny is that the Online Balance showing up in the Quicken register for the Barclay credit card does show the correct card balance after attempting to Download Transactions, the same balance as shows when I log onto Barclay. I have the Windows version of Quicken. When I pressed the rep about this, he seemed to imply that the relationship between Barclay and Quicken was being "negotiated." He did use the word negotiate.
  • gyoung345
    gyoung345 Member ✭✭✭
    Well, I was looking for a reason to change credit cards. Guess I found one.
  • keithchap1
    keithchap1 Member ✭✭
    This is more than just a Quicken issue. If you choose on the Barclays Website to download transactions into excel, mine stops around 8/13. No new transactions download
  • Mille862
    Mille862 Member ✭✭
    Agree with the comments from keithchap1. This is NOT a Quicken problem. As stated above, when you download the data in excel, there is nothing past 8/12 for me. So there is no data to port over to Quicken. Very frustrating! Reps at Barclay are not aware. They stated that they did an "upgrade" on / about the time that the transactions stopped working. Bottom line. I'm not going to manually manage these transactions going forward so will stop using, notify American Airlines (that's the card I have) that I'm not going to use it until the problem is resolved.
  • D_McGhee
    D_McGhee Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Definitely Barclay's issue! On their website, they are showing the balance from August 12 as my "current" balance. That balance also agrees with Quicken because the transaction on the 12th was the last one downloaded. I had tried downloading a Quicken file through today several times and got nothing, so I tried the excel file to enter the transactions manually. Even though I requested transactions through today in the Excel download, there was nothing after August 12. Interestingly, they show all my posted transactions since then on the Activity page.
  • Rickog
    Rickog Member
    edited August 2021
    talked to Barclays Bank this morning and they are stopping support for AAadvantage card. They are working on a fix to Download "Manually only" did not know when this would happen. [Removed - Speculation]
  • jwlanejl
    jwlanejl Member ✭✭
    > @Rickog said:
    > talked to Barclays Bank this morning and they are stopping support for AAadvantage card. They are working on a fix to Download "Manually only" did not know when this would happen. My question to you folks is what did quicken do to cause Barclays to stop supporting quicken?

It has nothing to do with Quicken---transactions cannot even be downloaded to a CVS file.

Has anyone else noted that when you try to update and download, it changes the "Opening Balance" for the Barclay's account in Quicken?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    jwlanejl said:
    Has anyone else noted that when you try to update and download, it changes the "Opening Balance" for the Barclay's account in Quicken?
    If Quicken is getting a bad information from the financial institution, it might think that it setting up a new account where it needs to change the opening balance to get the current balance to agree with what the financial institution is sending.

The bottom line is that while Barclays Bank downloading is messed up there is no telling what is going to happen when you try to download it.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • MaverickFL
    MaverickFL Member ✭✭
    @Hollyd0633 I Just got off the phone with Barclaybank tech department (after trying to explain the issue for 1/2 hr to the call center rep). She acknowledged the open Technical Issue on this problem. This issue occurred due to a migration to a new platform by Barclay on their side (So much for QA). The anticipated resolution date is now 9/10/21.
  • S. Weston
    S. Weston Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    I emailed the Senior Public Relations Manager, Oliver Stevenson a polite but clear message about this. Suggest you do the same. This has happened before in 2017. Really silly as this just doesn’t happen with the frequency nor such a long response with other financial institutions. 
    [Redacted - Rant]

[Removed - Email]
This discussion has been closed.