iCloud error

jlwarren8
jlwarren8 Member ✭✭
iCloud error. Quicken is downloading hundreds of already cleared items....AGAIN...get it straight Quicken this seems like a quarterly event for you.

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @jlwarren8. Without more information about the problem you are experiencing, no one here can help you. This is a user support forum, and people here are happy to try to help, if you care to explain your problem. But know that you are not talking directly to Quicken engineers here.

Quicken doesn't use iCloud at all. And if you store your data file on iCloud, that is not supported and is likely to cause problems. Duplicate downloads are rarely that fault of Quicken, but of the financial institution involved, or a user change in connection method. If you care to spell out more details about what you're trying to do and where you're having problems, hopefully someone here can offer help.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • jlwarren8
    jlwarren8 Member ✭✭
    No, it is Quicken and the service Quicken uses to download the transactions. This happened a few months ago and Quicken had to contact the service and correct it. I was an Alpha and Beta tester for Quicken and Quickbooks, for 20+ years. and this is not my first rodeo.
  • jacobs
    @jlwarren8 It may not be your first rodeo, but you described having a problem with iCloud, and now you're saying it's not iCloud at all. ;)

Do you use just desktop Quicken Mac, or do you use the mobile app and/or web interface? If you use only the desktop program, do you have Sync turn off in Preferences > Mobile, Web & Alerts? 

If this is a problem with downloading transactions, is this from one particular financial institution (and if so, which one?) or multiple institutions? As I wrote above, duplicate transactions from a financial institution are most often a problem with the financial institution, not Quicken itself, but without more information about the specific issue your encountering, it's hard to know.
  • jlwarren8
    jlwarren8 Member ✭✭
    Quicken wants me to open a new iCloud account.. I use desktop Quicken and do not want to use the cloud.
  • jacobs
    Quicken does not use iCloud. At all. Ever.

Quicken does use Quicken Cloud. Every desktop Quicken data file has an associated Quicken Cloud account. As long as you don't turn on Sync, your data is not stored in Quicken Cloud -- but there is still an account there.
  • jlwarren8
    jlwarren8 Member ✭✭
    In the account setup it is showing sync grayed out.
  • jacobs
    jlwarren8 said:
    In the account setup it is showing sync grayed out.
    I'm not sure what you're referring to; there is no "sync" on the account setup page, so I'm not sure what you're describing as grayed out.

Sync is can be turned on and off on the Preferences > Mobile, Web & Alerts screen. This is a global preference setting; it is not set account by account. 

Your Quicken Cloud account appears on the Preferences > Connected Services screen. I'll note again that every data file has a Quicken Cloud account associated with it here, even if you don't use Sync to use the mobile app or web interface. 

• jlwarren8
    jlwarren8 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the help, the non iCloud sync was fixed with the update today. Nice coverup though, NOT MY FIRST RODEO!
  • jacobs
    @jlwarren8. Sorry, I still don't understand any of your posts. "Coverup"? Who is covering up what? I'm just a fellow Quicken user; what would I be trying to cover up??

Well, I'm glad whatever wasn't working for you is now working for you. ;)
This discussion has been closed.