iPad sync - receive email - exceeding max number of files at Credit Union

Options
sriegelh
sriegelh Member ✭✭
[Grrr... When I edited my subject line, my post got munged.]
Each time I synced Quicken on my iPad, I receive an email from my CU saying: "You have currently registered XX data file(s). XYZ Credit Union - DC allows you to register up to 20 data files." where XX increases each time I sync. Well, I've now reach 20 data files and can no longer sync.

These emails started on May 29. I've seen no similar email or issue with any other of my financial institutions.

Is this a problem with the CU's back-end, Quicken's back-end, or something I've misconfigured?

Thank you.

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Well....
    What version of the desktop .... Help --> About Quicken
    What Credit Union, so we can look at its feature set.
    [EDIT] - also updated the topic title to better reflect that it is the CU max of files - and not Quicken

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• sriegelh
    sriegelh Member ✭✭
    Options
    Quicken Information:
    Version: R34.24
    Build: 27.1.34.24

Financial Institution:
    Technology Credit Union (techcu.com)
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @sriegelh

Thank you for letting us know about your issue and providing additional information. That's an interesting error. With it being a dataset issue we can double check in Quicken to see if we have multiple datasets with the same information.

You can do so by going into your Quicken program and in the top left selecting Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & cloud accounts > cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID (X). From here you can double check to see if you have multiple Quicken Datasets and if you do we should be able to clean some of them out and try again to see if it works the same.

Once you get a chance to try these steps, please let us know what you find.  From there we'll better understand our next steps/options.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • sriegelh
    sriegelh Member ✭✭
    Options
    I only see one Cloud Account.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Quicken Francisco said: Thank you for letting us know about your issue and providing additional information. That's an interesting error. With it being a dataset issue we can double check in Quicken to see if we have multiple datasets with the same information.
    I think it is the Credit Union that is sending the email that their max files have been reached... NOT Quicken -

Each time I synced Quicken on my iPad, I receive an email from my CU saying: "You have currently registered XX data file(s). XYZ Credit Union - DC allows you to register up to 20 data files." where XX increases each time I sync. Well, I've now reach 20 data files and can no longer sync.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.