American Express/Quicken issue

Options
pmiller0701
pmiller0701 Member ✭✭
Tried to deactivate and reactivate the account as per previous discussions. As soon as the Quicken Update Status window appears showing Connecting..., Quicken locks up and can only be shutdown by task manager. Using Windows 10 and the latest version of Quicken Premier. Unable to Delete American Express account as well, same issue as deactivating.

Best Answer

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @pmiller0701

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. I would recommend attempting this in a backup file. If the issue is persisting then un/reinstall Quicken. Please let us know if at any point you get an error code/message and what it is. 

For instructions on uninstalling Quicken please follow the link below. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-uninstall-quicken-windows

Please attempt the steps above and let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Paloma

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @pmiller0701

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. I would recommend attempting this in a backup file. If the issue is persisting then un/reinstall Quicken. Please let us know if at any point you get an error code/message and what it is. 

For instructions on uninstalling Quicken please follow the link below. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-uninstall-quicken-windows

Please attempt the steps above and let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Paloma
  • pmiller0701
    pmiller0701 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Restored a backup file that was prior to the AMEX issue, was able to Deactivate the account and then Reactivate. Quicken now connects to AMEX and updated all accounts to bring every account up to date. Did not uninstall Quicken. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.