Fidelity Cash Mgt Account transactions stopped downloading

Options
I've downloaded transactions from my Fidelity Cash Mgt account for years without problems. On Aug 4th, it suddenly stopped downloading transactions. All my other Fidelity accounts continue to download fine. I set up a new, temporary Quicken file, and tried to download the Cash Management transactions, and they downloaded without problem. I have done a validate/repair on the original file, and it reported no errors. Any suggestions on what might be wrong and how to fix it? Thanks so much. Kathy

Best Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If you haven't already, I suggest you attempt to reset the Online Services associated with brokerage account register. 
    If the issue persists, deactivate the Online Services associated with brokerage account register attempt to set them up again.
    If the issue still persists, deactivate the Online Services associated with brokerage account register, create a new offline brokerage account register, move the transactions from the original register, reset any memorized payees or reminders referencing the original registers, delete the original brokerage account register, rename the new account registers, and setup the Online Services.

Before making any significant changes to your Quicken file, always save a backup: press Ctrl + B
  • kmhornbach
    kmhornbach Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thanks! The first two methods failed, but the third one worked. I would add two comments for anyone else needing to do this: 1. when you set up the new offline brokerage account, be sure to check the box to indicate it has an associated checking account. 2. If you have lots of Fidelity accounts (like I do) be sure to explicitly change the pull-down menu to "Do not link" for those you don't want added to quicken - just link the new one you're currently working on. The default is to create a new account with the each extraneous Fidelity account.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If you haven't already, I suggest you attempt to reset the Online Services associated with brokerage account register. 
    If the issue persists, deactivate the Online Services associated with brokerage account register attempt to set them up again.
    If the issue still persists, deactivate the Online Services associated with brokerage account register, create a new offline brokerage account register, move the transactions from the original register, reset any memorized payees or reminders referencing the original registers, delete the original brokerage account register, rename the new account registers, and setup the Online Services.

Before making any significant changes to your Quicken file, always save a backup: press Ctrl + B
  • kmhornbach
    kmhornbach Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thanks! The first two methods failed, but the third one worked. I would add two comments for anyone else needing to do this: 1. when you set up the new offline brokerage account, be sure to check the box to indicate it has an associated checking account. 2. If you have lots of Fidelity accounts (like I do) be sure to explicitly change the pull-down menu to "Do not link" for those you don't want added to quicken - just link the new one you're currently working on. The default is to create a new account with the each extraneous Fidelity account.
This discussion has been closed.