Can I turn off the "Matching Securities" feature upon online update?

Options
I had to rebuild my Quicken file. In the new file I rebuilt all my investment accounts by importing the transactions in QIF files. I can get the investment accounts to tie to their reconciled balances but when I try to setup online services in the new file, Quicken tries to download every possible transactions from the broker, even the ones that I brought in through the QIF files.

This is a major problem because in many cases Quicken cannot match the securities coming in from the broker with the ones already in Quicken.

In my case I have over 800 different securities (options with different expiry dates and strike prices). Normally these come in from the broker under their CUSIP and I assign them to a security based on their easy to read symbol and name. This is not a problem with they are downloaded regularly in batches of 4-5. But now Quicken is trying to download all of them ( going back to 2020) and prompts me to match each one to an existing security or have me create a new security.

Attached is a screenshot that may better illustrate the problem.

How can I reconnect my brokerage account online without having to match 800 securities?

Comments

• dave344
    dave344 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Maybe a better way to phrase my question is: when setting up online services, how can I get Quicken to do a prospective download only; not a retroactive download.

In other words, don't download any of the old stuff, just download everything from this point forward.

Also, how can I get an image to display within my Community post rather than as an attachment. I've seen others do this but it's not clear how they accomplish it.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dave344 said:
    In other words, don't download any of the old stuff, just download everything from this point forward.
    No, there is no way to restrict what is downloaded.  You can delete afterwards, but can't filter before.

dave344 said:
    Also, how can I get an image to display within my Community post rather than as an attachment. I've seen others do this but it's not clear how they accomplish it.
    The ability to put an image inline depends on the "points" you have in the forum, at this point you don't have enough points to do that.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • dave344
    dave344 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thank you Chris_QPW.