Why does "Update selected online account" with Quicken Connect update ALL online accts?

Options
KC Smythe
KC Smythe Member ✭✭
When I click specifically on "Update selected online account" (via Quicken Connect) under the accounts tab, for the account that is highlighted in the account list and currently displayed in the transaction register, all accounts get updated. I am clicking, not using the keyboard shortcut. If this is normal, the option is misleading, and seems no different than the "Update all online accounts" option.

Best Answer

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @KC Smythe, 

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. It is not normal behavior to click on update selected accounts and have all accounts update instead. I would recommend resetting your cloud data. 

To do this select Help >Options key >Troubleshooting >Reset cloud data. 

Once the cloud data has reset, close and quit Quicken. From there launch a new session and attempt to update a selected account. 

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes and any other questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma 

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @KC Smythe, 

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. It is not normal behavior to click on update selected accounts and have all accounts update instead. I would recommend resetting your cloud data. 

To do this select Help >Options key >Troubleshooting >Reset cloud data. 

Once the cloud data has reset, close and quit Quicken. From there launch a new session and attempt to update a selected account. 

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes and any other questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • KC Smythe
    KC Smythe Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks, Paloma. This worked. The actual path I had to take to get to the cloud reset process, from the Mac desktop Quicken, was Quicken>Preferences>Connected Services.
  • Quicken Anja
    Options
    Hello @KC Smythe,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and ask your question.

After doing some further research and testing, we wish to clarify a few important details;
    1. When updating via the arrow icon in the account list area, it will update all accounts, no matter which financial institution or connection type (Quicken Connect vs Direct Connect). 
    2. When updating by navigating to Accounts > Update Selected Online Account; it will update all accounts under the same username for that single financial institution (this applies to both Quicken Connect and Direct Connect accounts).
    I hope this helps, and we apologize for any confusion! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.