How do I enable downloads from my Suntrust - now Truist accounts?

Suntrust/Truist recently completed the transition and I was asked to validate my account which I did. Now, when I try to download transactions to my Quicken account, I am unable to. It just takes me in an endless loop of asking if I have entered my login information correctly. Can anyone help? Thanks

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Fisherman0

Yes, Suntrust (and certain other banks) are now Truist and unfortunately while some Quicken users have apparently been successful in connecting, a lot have not. 

Here's a very recent thread that involved BB&T customers reporting on connecting with Truist LINK1.  Here's another that specifically references Suntrust and Truist LINK2

My suggestion to you would be to review the bank's website for specific information on how to connect to Truist and/or call the bank's customer service function and ask them for instructions and information on connecting.  As an alternative (maybe of a temporary basis) you can try to download transactions from the new bank's website in order to keep your accounts up to date until the banks sort this thing out.

Hope this helps.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• FYI, Chase Bank plays well with Quicken. You can do .QFX downloads as wells as Express Web Connect. I do not pay a fee for the Chase download feature. I wouldn't be surprised if Truist ends up only offering the fee based method: Direct Connect.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    FYI, Chase Bank plays well with Quicken. You can do .QFX downloads as wells as Express Web Connect. I do not pay a fee for the Chase download feature. I wouldn't be surprised if Truist ends up only offering the fee based method: Direct Connect.
    You can also setup Direct Connect with Chase for free, which is more reliable than Express Web Connect.
    You will need to authorized it first: select the search icon on the Chase website and type in Quicken to get the details/step you through turning it on.

To switch over in Quicken deactivate all the accounts for downloading and the select Tools -> Add Account, Type Chase and select Advanced Options so that you can select Direct Connect.  Be sure to link the the right Quicken accounts when you get to that dialog.

Note you might get duplicate transactions on the switch over from Express Web Connect, but from there on you won't get any duplicate transactions.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • FlyerFran
    FlyerFran Windows Beta Beta
    For Electronic Checks, Chase deducts the money from your account on the day the check is paid - which works fine.  But for Paper Checks, Chase deducts the money from your account several days before the payment due date.  This is a problem since the check shows cleared in Q', but you have no idea if it was actually cashed by your recipient.  Truist may charge a fee for Direct Connect, but paper checks show up as cleared in Q' when they are cashed.