how does one handle promissory notes due to them? (Q Mac)

I hold promissory notes and first trust deeds which are listed as assets. Reports show them as liabilities. What can be done to track these assets properly?

Best Answer

• garysmith87
    garysmith87 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Unfortunately your response is for Quicken Windows...and the person asking for help is supposedly using Quicken Mac.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    (Deleted:  My reply was for Quicken Windows but this is about Quicken Mac.  I missed that when I originally read and replied.  Sorry about any confusion this caused.) 

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• garysmith87
    garysmith87 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Unfortunately your response is for Quicken Windows...and the person asking for help is supposedly using Quicken Mac.
  • upstairs
    upstairs Member
    Thank you both. Garysmith87 is correct that I am using Quicken Mac. Right now I have an amortization print out and refer to the paper route to record the principal and interest with each payment in Quicken. Hoping Quicken will address this soon.
  • garysmith87
    garysmith87 Member ✭✭✭✭
    While you can create a product enhancement suggestion on this forum, I would think that there would be very few Quicken Mac users requesting this feature.

You can search on this community for Quicken Mac lender loans, however, and see the response from there. There may already be a request for that feature where you can vote for it's implementation.

Until then, you're entering it as best as available.
This discussion has been closed.