Why is the balance for my 401k doubled?

:/
I have a 401k account with Unified Trust. Several months ago I d/l my transactions and the balance doubled. I have tried to locate and delete any dual transactions but have found any. Should I delete the entire act and add it again??
Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    HI @TomTab,

There could be several causes for what you are describing, but without additional information on what you are seeing and/or some history of how you got to where your are, its all speculation.

Can you give us some more information about what you've done thus far to try and find the cause?  For example - were you tracking this 401k account before you downloaded your transactions, or was that the first time you setup the account in Quicken?  Have you tried to identify where the problem lies by comparing the individual investments that are shown in your Quicken account to the investments that appear in the online summary of 401k holdings?

Additional information will help us to help you figure this out.

Thanks.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    HI @TomTab,

There could be several causes for what you are describing, but without additional information on what you are seeing and/or some history of how you got to where your are, its all speculation.

Can you give us some more information about what you've done thus far to try and find the cause?  For example - were you tracking this 401k account before you downloaded your transactions, or was that the first time you setup the account in Quicken?  Have you tried to identify where the problem lies by comparing the individual investments that are shown in your Quicken account to the investments that appear in the online summary of 401k holdings?

Additional information will help us to help you figure this out.

Thanks.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• TomTab
    TomTab Member
    Here’s some more information. I have traced back in my Quicken program to where it “doubles” and I think that is about the time that I switched from Windows to Mac. What confuses me is that I didn’t have a problem with it for quite a while when I switched.
    My online account is not very sophisticated. I don’t have the ability to go back that far to make comparisons.
    I am thinking of deleting this account and then starting it like a new account and d/l’ing all of my available transactions. I just don’t know what that would do to my payroll deductions for those years.
    😞
This discussion has been closed.