I run Quicken for Mac and cannot get my e*trade account to set up via direct connect.

Options
It only asks me to download transactions from the website and then import them into Quicken. Can it be set up as a direct connect account? I am trying to set up my IRA.

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Options

Hello @Allison B

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues adding your Etrade accounts to Quicken. Are you receiving a certain error when trying to add your accounts into Quicken? I believe you should be able to add your accounts via DC. If we could get more information about the issue. I believe you may want to try seeing if you've set it to the correct connection type with Etrade if you haven't already. You should be able to do so when adding the account click on Etrade then select options in the bottom right before reaching the sign in page. Make sure it's set to direct connect. 

Once you get the chance let us know what exactly is happening and we'll see what we can do in order to resolve the issue you're having.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Allison B
    Allison B Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    The problem I was having was I thought the only financial institution available to choose for my IRA when creating the account was E*Trade Advisor services.... for some reason "Quicken E*trade" wasn't coming up as an option when I searched yesterday. All good now. Thanks
  • chrisserger
    chrisserger Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have the same problem.
  • g&s2017
    g&s2017 Member
    Options
    I too am having this issue!
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @chrisserger and @g&s2017

Thank you for letting us know you're receiving issues as well when trying to download. Are you two on Mac or Windows? Depending on what platform you're on I'm wondering if we might need to update the bank list to be able to pull up the correct FI. I'll leave steps down below on how to do so for each platform.

For windows to do so you'll want to go across the top to tools > online center. Hold CTRL + SHIFT and click on contact info in the top left of the popup.  Select Financial institution branding and profile and Download FI list. Hit refresh. This should bring all the FI's available up to date. Check to see if the issue is still happening.

For Mac you'll want to go across the top to Accounts > New > (account type). Once in the FI search screen click the Question mark in the bottom left of the popup. Select update list in the bottom left and click show list. This should of updated any FI's available now on Mac.

Once you've had a chance to try this see if you're able to get the correct Etrade options to show up. Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
This discussion has been closed.