How can I set up 2 step verification when signing in to Quicken online?

Options
Shimon
Shimon Member
I am starting to use quicken and I am not so comfortable adding all my bank account and credit card login information before I set up 2 step verification so I can protect myself from someone just getting my Quicken credentials and gain access to all my accounts, please if you can help me set this up.

Thank you :)
Tagged:

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Shimon

Unfortunately, Quicken does not have two-step verification for using Quicken online.  I would therefore suggest that you not use Quicken Online if you are concerned about the security of your financial information.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Shimon
    Shimon Member
    Options
    Is the 2 step verification available on the Windows desktop app?
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi again, @Shimon,

No, the desktop application has password protection, but doesn't have two factor authorization to access it, but - as I am sure you know -  the potential for an outsider to hack your desktop is significantly less than an online app.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Shimon
    Shimon Member
    Options
    Thank you!! <3 @Frankx
This discussion has been closed.