Quicken Not Getting Fidelity Cash Transactions

I've got a few accounts at FIDO, and have been able to pull data with Q just fine.
We just opened a Cash Mgmt account with them, but it does not get downloaded data.
It is set up in Quicken as a Brokerage account with an attached checking account. (per Quicken - https://bit.ly/3mvwILI.)
The brokerage account is set up to download transactions, the checking account does not have that option.
First, should the transactions download and appear in the checking account?
And if they should, is there a special setup for these accounts?

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thanks for the Note:. I *thought* I saw a red flag by the Checking account flash. Still no transactions, but I will keep testing.
    You should be able to confirm whether Quicken is importing the transactions for the account by examining the OFX Log: select Help > Log Files 

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    The transactions should download and appear in the checking account.
    There is no special setup for these accounts.

Note: A Fidelity CMA account will use Automatic Entry even when Automatic Entry is Off and the Account Bar red flags will clear.
  • T Gondesen
    T Gondesen Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the Note:. I *thought* I saw a red flag by the Checking account flash. Still no transactions, but I will keep testing.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You should be able to confirm whether Quicken is importing the transactions for the account by examining the OFX Log: select Help > Log Files 
  • T Gondesen
    T Gondesen Member ✭✭
    So the logs do show the transactions for the FidCash account is being pulled down, but I could not find them, and the checking account balance in Q did not change.
    Then yesterday, I was flagged to an uncategorized transaction report, and there they were! Once I fixed those, the transactions appeared in the FidCash account. Strange, but it's working. Thank you.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's start at the beginning.
    FIDO isn't a bank, they're a brokerage.  Thus, they cannot legally offer checking accounts.
    BUT, they can offer money market funds with check writing privilege (which is actually managed by UMB).
    Q allows us (including me) to show these money market funds, which are in a taxable account, as a "checking account" ... which doesn't really exist ... it's just cash in your brokerage account.
    FidCash is just an example of this type of workaround to "show cash in a checking account".

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• mike3770
    mike3770 Member ✭✭
    > @NotACPA said:
    > Let's start at the beginning.FIDO isn't a bank, they're a brokerage.  Thus, they cannot legally offer checking accounts.BUT, they can offer money market funds with check writing privilege (which is actually managed by UMB).Q allows us (including me) to show these money market funds, which are in a taxable account, as a "checking account" ... which doesn't really exist ... it's just cash in your brokerage account.FidCash is just an example of this type of workaround to "show cash in a checking account".

Having a similar issue, maybe just a setup problem. I have a Fidelity cash account and the "cash" is in a sweep account, identified as CORE** at Fidelity. I would like this CORE** to show in my actual separate cash account in Quicken. Is this possible? Thanks

Running Windows Home, Business & Rental Property Version 37.62
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do TOOLS, Account List and click EDIT adjacent to your FIDO taxable brokerage account.
    Click the YES Radio button for "Show Cash in a Checking Account".
    This will move all of your cash transactions in that brokerage account to a new, fictitious, checking type account.
    As with all efforts of this type, take a backup before you do this.
    NOTE that the "Show Cash ..." option isn't available, in Q, for Retirement type accounts.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP