8/27/21 Navy Federal Credit Union Returns CC-501 Error

8/27/21 Navy Federal Credit Union Returns CC-501 Error
Cannot connect to NFCU with quicken to update my transactions.
Now what?

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-online-services-cc-501
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Leslie4Him

Yes, I also have been getting the CC-501 error today.  I would suggest that you wait until tomorrow and try to connect then. 

However, it does seem as though there have been a lot of CC-501 error codes - across a number of different financial institutions - lately, so I think we may need to be patient.  If you do get the same error code again, I would suggest that you contact Quicken Support and report it.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• flgrad91
    flgrad91 Member ✭✭
    I have also been receiving the same from NFCU starting on 8/27 and continuing this morning on 8/28. I didn't feel like waiting 20 minutes on the Support Chat line this morning. Come on Quicken, get this resolved.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Leslie4Him @flgrad91

Update.  NFCU is not downloading again today.  Still throwing off the CC-501 error code.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    flgrad91 said:
    I have also been receiving the same from NFCU starting on 8/27 and continuing this morning on 8/28. I didn't feel like waiting 20 minutes on the Support Chat line this morning. Come on Quicken, get this resolved.
    When sufficient number of users report the issue to Quicken Support, Quicken Support will contact Intuit to inform Intuit there are a number of users reporting the CC-501 error code.  Intuit will add NFCU to their long list of financial institutions having Express Web Connect connection method issues.  Intuit will prioritize their efforts to resolve the existing based on their limited resources.  Typical Express Web Connect outages may last a few weeks or longer.  

Note: Posting to this forum does not count as reporting an issue to Quicken Support.
  • xssnco
    xssnco Member ✭✭✭
    monthly occurrence...Largest credit union in the world...Quicken cannot get it right...
  • d1sn3yguy
    d1sn3yguy Member
    I am having the same issue today 8/29/21. It started for me yesterday. Extremely frustrating.
  • rmorganpe
    rmorganpe Member
    Same issue starting 8/26/21
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Everyone, 

We're looking to collect more information as it seems quite a few of you are having issues currently. I'd like to ask for you to submit a problem inside of the Quicken program. You'll want to include all of the Logs (Should be selected by default). You can do this by going across the top of your Quicken to Help > report a problem. In the subject line put in NFCU 501.  Please let us know once you've done so.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • xssnco
    xssnco Member ✭✭✭
    Have been receiving 501/502 messages for 4 days now when attempting to download NFCU transactions...Have deactivated/reactivated all accounts...Nothing seems to work..
  • orecho
    orecho Member
    I have not been able to get through Two-Step Authentication with NFCU since upgrading to 6.3.2. Can not tell if the attached is from Navy Federal Credit Union or Quicken.
  • brainodo
    brainodo Member ✭✭
    Hello I am experiencing the same issue with Navy Federal, I reported the problem within the program as requested with Subject NFCU 501
  • robinlaylin
    robinlaylin Member ✭✭
    Yes, I get the same error
  • JRHVSD
    JRHVSD Member ✭✭
    > @"Quicken Francisco" said:
    > Hello Everyone, 
    >
    > We're looking to collect more information as it seems quite a few of you are having issues currently. I'd like to ask for you to submit a problem inside of the Quicken program. You'll want to include all of the Logs (Should be selected by default). You can do this by going across the top of your Quicken to Help > report a problem. In the subject line put in NFCU 501.  Please let us know once you've done so.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Quicken Francisco

I have done so.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Everyone, 

We are seeing an increase with Navy Federal Credit Union error cc-501 when attempting to add/update. This issue is being worked on currently. There is no ETA for a solution at the moment. It is welcomed and appreciated if any additional information can be provided. If you would like to provide further information please contact Quicken Support

For more information and updates regarding this issue please visit the link below. 

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7898482/new-8-30-21-navy-federal-credit-union-cc-501-101#latest

Again we apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused. Please let us know of any questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • sproctor61
    sproctor61 Windows Beta, Mac Beta Beta
    Anyone with NFCU been able to login and download transactions in the last couple of days?  Mine just times out now.  Been doing this for about a week.  Tried to reset connection and even installed Quicken for Windows and tried to set it up but the same issue.  All my other accounts update just fine,
  • aldeaux
    aldeaux Member
    Having same issue. No solution.
  • shornsac
    shornsac Member ✭✭
    I've been having the same problem for the last 3 days (started on 8/27). Still no luck. CC-501.
  • shornsac
    shornsac Member ✭✭
    I had a Quicken update available this morning (8/31/21) and after downloading it, was successfully able to connect to all of my NFCU accounts again. Looks like they got it fixed.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Quicken is updating all accounts now.  Thanks for the prompt fix, Quicken Team !!!

• Mick Mickle
    Mick Mickle Member ✭✭
    Still a problem for me after trying all the suggested remedies. I submitted problem report through Quicken program. Now all I get when trying to activate/add online update for NFCU is the Oops! CC-501 error, unable to connect to Quicken Servers.
  • shornsac
    shornsac Member ✭✭
    Mine is having issues again this morning after working yesterday. None of my NFCU accounts updated even though I didn't get the CC-501 message. I was never prompted for 2-factor authentication either.
  • brainodo
    brainodo Member ✭✭
    As of yesterday I was able to reconnect and update my NFCU accounts and I was able to update them this morning also. Thanks!
  • Mick Mickle
    Mick Mickle Member ✭✭
    This morning, I was able to activate and update the NFCU accounts successfully.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @shornsac

If you haven't done so recently, I suggest that you close down Quicken and then restart your computer. Then try again after restarting.

Let us know if that helps.

Frankx

• isonclubikin
    isonclubikin Member ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not getting any errors for NFCU, BUT Quicken isn't prompting me for the 2FA for it.  Supposedly, it successfully finishes the One Step Update (or just a plain Update from the Register), but it doesn't ask for the 2FA.  So, obviously, it can't have succeeded.  I've reported the problem through Quicken as well.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @isonclubikin

Okay, I agree that the OSU is not completing successfully.  But since you aren't getting an error code, I doubt that you are seeing the same issue as others in this thread.  It sounds like Quicken is not actually making the connection to NFCU.

Did you actually contact Q Support, or just "report a problem" through Quicken?  If you haven't called Quicken Support, I'd suggest that you try that next.  And let us know how that goes.

Frankx 

• shornsac
    shornsac Member ✭✭
    edited September 2021
    I do a shutdown every day, so that definitely isn't it. I'm able to reconnect all of my accounts now (once I deactivate, delete all account numbers, etc., then reconnect), and it looks like they're updating normally with 2FA, but no transactions are downloaded. I was able to download transactions the old fashioned way directly from the NFCU site and link it with the correct account, but that is a pain. It looks like signing out of the Quicken server then signing back in may have done the trick. If you haven't tried that before, you go into Edit->Preferences->Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts->Sign In as a different user. I essentially signed out, then signed right back in to the Quicken cloud and then updated my NFCU accounts from the Online Center and transactions downloaded. Fingers crossed!
This discussion has been closed.