Net worth - Report vs Widget [edited]

QknUser123456
QknUser123456 Member ✭✭
edited August 2021 in Investing (Windows)
Net worth report and widget are NOT the same for some reason. The reports "seems" correct, but the widget is just loopy.

I remove it and add it back. It looks close to correct. Then I select "customize", and CHANGE NOTHING. Exit and it updates the report with totally wacked totals for some accounts. What on earth did you do to these tools? 

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    More details, please.
    Do you use Quicken Mac or Quicken for Windows?
    What version, edition level (Starter, Deluxe, etc.) and release (R xx.xx) of Quicken are you using?  
    US, Canadian or other country version?
    What is your subscription expiration date?
    Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to get this information.

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words …
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Net worth report and widget are NOT the same for some reason.
    and... since you mentioned Widget - where are you viewing - Desktop, Mobile App, Quicken Web ?
    Where is this Widget ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• QknUser123456
    QknUser123456 Member ✭✭
    I have the EXACT same experience with the widget. Removing and adding it back from scratch makes it correct for a while. But the NET WORTH reports are unsalvageable. How are my investment account balances off by hundreds of thousands of dollars? C'mon man!
  • QknUser123456
    QknUser123456 Member ✭✭
    FYI - Windows subscription software - up to date with your updates.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please answer ALL of @UKR's questions AND the question about WHICH Q product you're calling "the widget".
    Your vagueness is making it difficult for us to help you.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    I suspect this is the same customization issue Quicken introduced in R34.24.

Basically, it appears Quicken is trying to determine if the saved customization is equivalent to the default and gets it wrong.  To work around the issue, we must apply a customization that Quicken does not interpret as being equivalent to the default.  Depending on the desired customization, this may mean creating a non-hidden dummy account, category, security, or tag that you explicitly exclude (uncheck).