Unable to Setup Account [after Northwest Bank changed website]

James114
James114 Member ✭✭✭
My bank, Northwest Bank, underwent what they refer to as enhancements to their web page. I'm able to log in but I'm unable to connect to the bank with Quicken.
I'm hoping someone here might advise me on getting this to work again.
Problem is I've been unable to speak to anyone in the customer service phone I've used for years. I tried all day. Well, not all day. I had to recharge my phone once. I waited some 45 minutes nearly each time I called.
I even emailed them with no response.

Thankd,
James

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @James114

Can you give us some additional information that will help us to help you?

What method were you using in the past to connect with this bank (Direct Connect, Express Web Connect, Web Connect)?  When did the change take place which caused the connection to stop?

Get back to me and we'll go from there.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• James114
    James114 Member ✭✭✭
    Web Connect, I believe. Only to download cleared transactions.
    The change occurred yesterday when Northwest Bank did an upgrade on their web page.
    It's bee working fine till tehn.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @James114

So, you apparently cannot access (or locate) the file to download because of the changes the bank made to its website?  If that is the case, the best approach would be to keep calling the back so they can tell you how to locate and download the file.  Unfortunately, Quicken personnel don't control that - only the bank's personnel would be able to provide that info to you.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• James114
    James114 Member ✭✭✭
    Actually Quicken is unable to connect using One-Set Update or creating a new account and trying yo connect to the bank.

I have them working on it through phone support.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    FWIW, there is no Northwest Bank entry in FIDIR.TXT. Are you sure it's not Northwestern Bank?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    @Greg_the_Geek

Northwest Bank is located in Western Pennsylvania - it is on the FIDIR. See below

Frankx

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @James114

See this link for specific steps to take to perform the "Quicken Conversion" - LINK

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, @Frankx, when I searched FIDIR.TXT, I had the search set for the wrong direction.  :*
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    No problem @Greg_the_Geek

Frankx