CC 501 Error for the past few days.

Spent 3 hours with Quicken Help Tech yesterday. He escalated after he could not fix. Once again today I cannot update.

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @john7

It will be helpful to both you and other users, if you can provide some additional details, such as the financial institution name, the version of Quicken that you are running, and what steps the Tech person went through with you.  As you may have noticed, there are a number of financial institutions that are throwing off the CC-501 error code recently, so additional details may help all of us as we and the Quicken Techs try to  work through these issues.

Thanks.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @john7

It will be helpful to both you and other users, if you can provide some additional details, such as the financial institution name, the version of Quicken that you are running, and what steps the Tech person went through with you.  As you may have noticed, there are a number of financial institutions that are throwing off the CC-501 error code recently, so additional details may help all of us as we and the Quicken Techs try to  work through these issues.

Thanks.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• john7
    john7 Member ✭✭
    Thanks Frankx (I am new to this). I haven't been able to update from Navy Federal CU for six days now. Tech walked me through a reset twice (while he called the shots via my allowing him to see my screens). At times the error would shift to CC503, but ultimately came back to CC501. Tech finally escalated the problem and asked me to wait 24 hrs and try again. Tried again this am. and still get CC501. I will sleep on it and try again tomorrow. Appreciate your interest.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @john7

Thanks for the reply, and welcome to the "club"! 

I, too am a NFCU member (long-time but please don't ask how long) and have found that, from time to time, things (i.e. Q connections) don't always work as we would expect, but eventually they do get back to normal. 

I have been able to connect successfully to our (my wife also is a member) accounts for two days now, and  I suspect that this is a short-term issue for other users.  I do know that the Quicken folks have been working on this along with the entity that they use to facilitate the express web connect function with NFCU.

Hang in there and please let us know how things progress for you.

Frankx

• john7
    john7 Member ✭✭
    Thanx FrankX. I've been a NFCU Member since 1960 and, like you, have experienced these glitches before. On Aug 28, I contacted NFCU and asked for help after telling them that, if this is a fairly widespread problem, just let me know and I'll back off and wait it out. I have waited out these thing before. NFCU replied (liars) that there was no widespread problem and I should take it up with Quicken
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @john7,

Okay, so you outrank me by about 10 years!

The only thing I can say about what the NFCU folks told you, is that I believe these current problems do lie with Intuit (Quicken's intermediary for Express Web Connect services).  I believe that NFCU personnel likely view them as one and the same, when they are actually no longer part of the same company.  Quicken relies on Intuit for these connections and I believe that Intuit doesn't always give these issue a high priority.

Take care.

Frankx

• sproctor61
    sproctor61 Windows Beta, Mac Beta Beta
    Yea same problem here.  Hope it gets resolved soon.  On a side note, its funny that Quicken Mac does not see my NFCU 401k but Quicken for Windows does lol.