new user, Mac subscription [logon to Quicken ID loop]

Ianamiller1
Ianamiller1 Member
First time user. I paid for the deluxe subscription, downloaded the quicken for Mac and everthing worked fine. I tried to connect my first checking account and it keeps asking me to sign into my quickenID. I enter my quicken ID and password and select ok, it loops me back to selecting my bank and entering my quicken id and password.

800 number would not answer. please assist a new customer before you loose me.

Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    When you're adding a new account, after it asks you to select the bank the next screen should be asking for your bank login credentials, not your Quicken login. You should have already entered your Quicken login when you first created the file.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Ianamiller1

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your sign in. It sounds like Quicken thinks we might not be signed into the program since it repeatedly keep asking to sign in again. We should be able to fix this by signing out and back in again. We should be able to do so by going into the top left of Quicken then selecting Quicken > Sign out. You'll then be signed out and should be prompted to sign in again.

Once you do this we should get a result of not seeing the popup screen each time anymore. You should be able to connect your accounts and be asked to sign in to the bank instead. Please let us know if you're still having trouble after this.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• This did not work. still having issues with connecting to quicken cloud. I have tried my username and password multiple times on the Mac computer, Phone browser and even a windows computer of someone that uses quicken daily and is sure it works. still not working for me. Had a conversation with quicken phone support and they were unable to help. basically after an hour of phone conversations, they said it was a an issue with my computer and possibly an issues with using a VPN and said I should call apple. so I called apple and they said there was no issues with my Mac and there are no VPNs in use.

I feel pretty hopeless I will be able to get this to work and will need to ask for a refund and look for another financial program that works and has better customer support.
  • my father has been a long time user since the 90s on a windows computer with no issues. he is the one who talked me into using quicken and helped me through the process. we have worked together on setting it up on the Mac and have had nothing but issues.

We bought subscription, downloaded and installed quicken for Mac, went to enter first checking act and after we select the bank institution, we get a pop up to sign into quicken cloud, this is where we get stuck. it will not allow us to go past this screen to enter our banking username and p/w.

we can use the Manual method of setting up a checking account but would like to use update account features.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @Ianamiller1

Thanks for the update. Do you by chance have any antivirus software on your Mac? I've seen previously where these have prevented the program from download transactions so I think it would be another place we can check if we haven't already.

If you do have one I would try to see if Quicken is getting anything blocked. If it isn't you can also try deleting the Antivirus then running Quicken again. If that does work install the antivirus again after and see if the issue persists.

Let us know once you get the chance and we'll see what we can try next to resolve the issue you're having.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
This discussion has been closed.