issues with Sams Card

System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Sam's Club Synchrony.

Comments

• Ken Pirkl
    Ken Pirkl Member ✭✭
    I previously set up a Sam's MC and did not know about linking to "Sam's Club ...." For web activation it tries to link to www.synchronybank.com - which of course does not work. i tried deactivating/reactivation, apparently will not recognize the Sam's. Or is there??

Alternatively, if not, is there a way to merge my data from existing Sam's into a new Sam's account that is correctly web connected??
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Ken Pirkl

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your sam clubs account. To start off here we can see if we might be able to see if we're able to merge your two accounts by merging the transactions together from where the break is. You can use the account that is currently active as it may be easier since you don't need to reactivate it if you'd like. The article down below will give details on how to merge the accounts by moving the transactions from one account to the other.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7160099/faq-how-do-i-move-transactions-between-quicken-accounts#latest

Once you get a chance to try these steps, please let us know how it goes! If you're having any difficulty let us know and we'll see what we can do next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• richriney
    richriney Member
    I am also having the same issue with Sam's Club credit card update.
  • johngeiser
    johngeiser Member ✭✭
    Any update on this? I also cannot connect my Sam's Club Synchrony Mastercard to Quicken.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Ken Pirkl @richriney and @johngeiser"

To connect to the Sam's Club Synchrony Master Card - you need to connect to the "Sam's Club Personal Credit Account (samsclub.syf.com)" connection that appears when you go through the "Add Account" procedure.  Make sure the "(samsclub.syf.com)" shows up before you go forward with the process.

Synchrony Bank IS the correct financial institution that administers the Sam's Club Mastercard - you just need to make sure you select the right connection, since Synchrony has hundreds of cards in its portfolio and it is easy to mistakenly try to connect to the wrong one.

If you have any specific questions as you go through the process, please post back with any questions so the we can help you to navigate through the somewhat complicated process.

Frankx 

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• sprigmore
    sprigmore Member ✭✭
    I have the same issue. I have checked and my sam's MC is connected to samsclub.syf.com. I've tried to reset the account no change. I've tried deactivating and reactivating but no change. The last downloaded was a transaction on 12/10. Any suggestions
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @sprigmore

Are you getting any error messages when you try to download?  Or is Quicken acting differently in any way?  I assume that you have made transactions using the card recently - if you log into the account on the Synchrony website, can you see those transactions?

Get back to me and we'll go from there.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Quicken September
    Quicken September Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello, @sprigmore

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your issue, though I am sorry for any trouble this may be causing you. 

Are you receiving any error messages associated with this error? Could you describe what exactly happens when you try to update your Sam's Club MC? Does it link appropriately or do you run into issues linking the account?

Once you have this additional information, please reach back out so that we may continue diagnosing and troubleshooting this error. Thank you!

-Quicken September
This discussion has been closed.