Does anyone have problems with TD Bank

Answers

• rpatti47
    rpatti47 Member ✭✭
    Just tried updating again and was successful. One hour ago it was not updating. This is the 2nd time this has happened. Looks like it works sporadically.
  • Still getting the OL-292-B errors for TD Bank. I have reported this problem several times with screenshots. Please correct this Quicken!
  • geekpryde
    geekpryde Member ✭✭
    Me, same exact issues as OP. For the last several days, I am unable to download my transactions fro TD Bank or TD Credit Cards. I am receiving the error OL-292-B. I tried resetting the account and my stored password is correct.
  • Marty5736
    Marty5736 Member ✭✭
    Since the R35.31 release, I've been getting an invalid request error when downloading from TD Bank. Bank states error not on their side. Any resolution?
  • geekpryde
    geekpryde Member ✭✭
    See here, a lot of us are having this issue: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7898429/does-anyone-have-problems-with-td-bank/p1
  • gjdstar
    gjdstar Member
    I keep getting this What happened? During the last online session, Quicken encountered an online error [OL-292-B].
    What does that mean? Quicken is unable to complete your request as the request was invalid.
    What do I do now? Please try again later.

^^I keep getting this with downloading the TD Bank info into Quicken. Any suggestions on how to resolve it

Gerard
  • papatom
    papatom Member ✭✭
    Here's what I did to solve the problem. I deactivated my TD bank account. I then "re-established" my account. I also changed my username and password on my TD bank web page. (Don't know if that was necessary.) Logged back in to my "TD bank-new" (which is the address for Direct Connect). After a while you then get a quicken popup, from TD bank, that ask for a mobile phone number for a SMS message code. For some reason, the pull-down menu states, for example "1111111234" (if your phone number was say; 202-555-1234"). Anyhow, after choosing "that" number, you will receive a 6 digit code that you enter and you should then be available to sync. At least for now, it is working. :-)
  • Surfer2839
    Surfer2839 Member ✭✭
    I am able to download transactions from TDBank in the morning but get the error message if I try again later in the day. I contacted technical support at TDBank and was advised that they did not see any issue on their end. Is it coincidence that this occurred shortly after the update to Quicken?
  • dolomoid
    dolomoid Member ✭✭
    One of my TD IDs is working for one account but my other ID is now getting an OL-393-A error for three accounts. Tried resetting accounts. Still broken.
  • einstem
    einstem Member ✭✭
    Had the same problem as well starting towards the end of August. - error code "OL-292-B" for a few days. Started working again on either 8/30 or 8/31 and was able to get a download, but now getting same error message again. Definitely some issue with Quicken and TD Bank going on !!
  • Surfer2839
    Surfer2839 Member ✭✭
    Seems to be an issue with Quicken. Just noticed new alerts for other banks which have the same issue as Quicken users have with other banks. Last night I was able to download transactions from TDBank. This morning I received a 292-B error code again.
  • rpatti47
    rpatti47 Member ✭✭
    I've been receiving 292-B error for past 4-5 days. It's been sporadic, sometimes it updates and sometimes not. But today I got a 393 error. Anyone else experience this?
  • When updating Quicken for Windows, I've been receiving 292-B error for past 4-5 days. Reported to Quicken, but no resolution. Problem continues this afternoon (Friday Sept. 3rd).
  • martyxx
    martyxx Member ✭✭
    I have also been experiencing this problem for about 3-4 days. Tried Quicken recommendation and sometimes it downloads. Most of the time, however, it fails.
  • BillyDick
    BillyDick Member ✭✭
    Same problem!! OL-292-B Request was invalid! Been having this problem for several days and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't!
    Other banks are having the same issue, so it is not a bank problem, it's a Quicken issue!
    Several posts on this issue and no reply from Intuit on when it will be fixed or how to fix it!!
    Please, could someone from Quicken tell me if this will be fixed soon!
    I'm paying a yearly subscription to have this software work every time I use it!!
  • Surfer2839
    Surfer2839 Member ✭✭
    I have two accounts at TDBank, both of which were in my Quicken register. I deactivated both accounts and attempted to reactivate them again. Only one of the two accounts was found on the TDBank server which was subsequently activated for downloading transactions. When I attempted to download transactions from that account I again received the OL-292-B error code. I contacted TDBank and was told that one of the 2 accounts was deactivated on their end for lack of activity which is another issue I am pursuing with the bank. I subsequently deleted that account from my Quicken register and was then able to download transactions from the other account. It appears, at least in my situation, that Quicken is receiving the error code because one of the two accounts in my Quicken register was deactivated on TDBank's server. I was not given an explanation why the active account was impacted by the inactive account. TDBank did acknowledge that they are aware of the problem.
  • BillyDick
    BillyDick Member ✭✭
    Tried TD Bank at 2:00 PM EDT and at 2:15 PM EDT, and both completed successfully!
    Not an indication that it's fixed though!!
  • This is an intermittent issue and I am not clear why Quicken has not resolved with TD. You have the
    relationship with the bank at the right levels to speak to the right people. Obviously, a message about a bad request formatting is clearly something you need to fix. What are you doing to get this done? We'd like to know exactly what you have done to date?
  • BillyDick
    BillyDick Member ✭✭
    Tried TD Bank at 4:00 PM EDT and completed successfully!
    Let's keep our fingers and toes crossed!!
  • BillyDick
    BillyDick Member ✭✭
    Uncross your fingers and toes!!! Just tried it at 5:40 PM EDT and got the OL-292=B Request is invalid error.
    This will probably require a software update!
    Anyone at Quicken monitor this forum???
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @everyone

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. We are aware of the issue and are currently working on it. At this time there is no ETA for a fix. Again we apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience. 

For more information regarding this issue please visit the link below. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-online-services-ol-292

Hope this helps. Please let us know of any questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • RobinK76
    RobinK76 Member ✭✭
    Still getting the message today, that's 3 days now why can't this be fixed?
  • drew2u
    drew2u Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    I've been getting this same error 292-B intermittently for the last 10 days, but waiting and trying "later" has been working. However, it hasn't worked since 9/3 so I don't know if that's because it's the weekend or my luck has run out.

A quick note, that TD Bank requires external software to be authorized to connect to TD accounts. Login at TD Online Banking and go to Account Options > Account Services > Manage Linked Services: Manage Settings. In my case, it shows I was approved in June 2018 for "Quicken Windows 2018" .... BUT Quicken is now subscription so who knows what it's reporting itself as to TD Bank. Could TD be thinking I'm using unapproved software if the current version of Quicken reports something different than the name I was approved for back in 2018? (If so, it took TD a while to identify this, or maybe Quicken only recently starting reporting itself as something different.)

Here's what my Linked Service shows:

Approved
    Quicken Windows 2018
    Authorized 15 June 2018 09:47:32
  • BillyDick
    BillyDick Member ✭✭
    Over the past few days, with my TD Bank account, I have noticed that whenever I do an update a few minutes in succession, I will either get an immediate OL-292-B error, or a Waiting message, then an Updating Financial Institution message, then the OL-292-B error, or the Update will complete normally!
    This is several updates within a few minutes of each other!
    Eventually, it will work!
  • Pippi
    Pippi Member
    Getting the OL-292-b error on TD Bank after the latest software update. Coincidence?
  • BillyDick
    BillyDick Member ✭✭
    > @Pippi said:
    > Getting the OL-292-b error on TD Bank after the latest software update. Coincidence?

I don't believe so!!
    Most of the posters here report the OL-292-B error showing up after the R35.31 Build 27.1.35.31 update.
    Which leads me to believe the fix will be another software update!
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    BillyDick said:
    I don't believe so!!
    Most of the posters here report the OL-292-B error showing up after the R35.31 Build 27.1.35.31 update.
    Which leads me to believe the fix will be another software update!
    Well I believe it is a coincidence.  With them putting out patches very frequently it is bound to happen, and it is human nature to try to connect the two.
    And the only change in 35.31 over 35.26 was a fix for the Starter edition where the "Classic Dashboard" wasn't been shown.  If it has anything to do with the install at all it probably has to do with something failing during the install, not an actual change to the code.  That always happens to a few people installing when you have so many people installing with different anti-virus software and setups.

You can back out of R35.31 by installing the Mondo patch from here, which is currently at R35.26:
    Update and Mondo Patch: Subscription Release of Quicken for Windows

Or even older versions from here:
    Reinstalling and patching your Quicken Subscription version after your membership has expired | Quicken

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • John Rocke
    John Rocke Member ✭✭✭
    What is the latest on a resolution to the TD Bank downloading issue? It has been over a week now and manually having to perform updates in my register is getting to be annoying at this point.
  • BillyDick
    BillyDick Member ✭✭
    > @John Rocke said:
    > What is the latest on a resolution to the TD Bank downloading issue? It has been over a week now and manually having to perform updates in my register is getting to be annoying at this point.

John: As of this morning, -9/07/2021, there is no resolution or target date for a fix!
    I tried a TD Bank update this morning several times, a few minutes apart, and it finally completed!
    I think if you just keep trying, it will eventually work!
  • No error returned but TD activity is not showing in the download
This discussion has been closed.