Deactivated online services, cannot reactivate

I have been having problems connecting to my Cenlar account for one-step update. After resetting the account had no effect, I deactivated online services for this account, hoping that reactivating it would help. But after deactivating it, the Online Services tab in Account Details disappeared. There is no way visible to reactivate. What do I do now? Delete the account and re-add it from scratch? Quicken for WIN 10, Build #27.1.35.31.

Best Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    We may not reactivate an online loan account.  I suggest you save a backup, delete the loan account, and then add the loan account.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    HI @jdweaver122

Yes, that disappearing online services tab issue is unfortunately what will happen when you deactivate a loan account.  For some reason, loan accounts do not have the option to "relink" the account after being unlinked in Quicken.

Since you won't be able to relink the account, you have a few options:

1) You can restore a restore a backup file.

2) You can start over by adding a new loan account to Quicken and then move transactions from the old loan account to the new one before deleting the old one;

3) You can continue using the loan account as a non-connected account.  Since this is a loan account, transaction or you have the ability to control - through the Quicken account that makes the loan payments (such as a checking account) - the allocation amounts of principal, interest, and other things like escrow for taxes, etc. for each payment. 

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    We may not reactivate an online loan account.  I suggest you save a backup, delete the loan account, and then add the loan account.
  • jdweaver122
    jdweaver122 Member ✭✭
    Thank you. Very helpful.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    HI @jdweaver122

Yes, that disappearing online services tab issue is unfortunately what will happen when you deactivate a loan account.  For some reason, loan accounts do not have the option to "relink" the account after being unlinked in Quicken.

Since you won't be able to relink the account, you have a few options:

1) You can restore a restore a backup file.

2) You can start over by adding a new loan account to Quicken and then move transactions from the old loan account to the new one before deleting the old one;

3) You can continue using the loan account as a non-connected account.  Since this is a loan account, transaction or you have the ability to control - through the Quicken account that makes the loan payments (such as a checking account) - the allocation amounts of principal, interest, and other things like escrow for taxes, etc. for each payment. 

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.