CC-501 CC501 Error with PHH Mortgage

I have been getting a consistent CC-501 error when trying to update with PHH Mortgage. I've send the error logs to Quicken thrice but no response. When will this get fixed?

Running Q latest edition R34.24 27.1.34.24 on Windows 10 21H1
/// passionate about saving for life and the future ///

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited September 2021 Answer ✓
    Hello @QuickStudy & @sproctor61,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have opened an escalation ticket with our service provider for error CC-501. While the investigation remains ongoing, please, refer to this open Community Alert for updates.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @QuickStudy

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with PHH mortgage. By chance do you have ticket number for any interactions if they were over phone or chat? Did you submit via report a problem? Depending on what happened I can double check to see what has happened.

Once you get the chance let us know more and we'll see what we can do.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• sproctor61
    sproctor61 Windows Beta, Mac Beta Beta
    Yep same here.  I tried using PHH Mortgage and Mortgage Questions (What its called now) and still get the same error as you do.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited September 2021 Answer ✓
    Hello @QuickStudy & @sproctor61,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have opened an escalation ticket with our service provider for error CC-501. While the investigation remains ongoing, please, refer to this open Community Alert for updates.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• sproctor61
    sproctor61 Windows Beta, Mac Beta Beta
    Thanks Anja
  • Stacy K
    Stacy K Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue. My log in credentials are correct for PHH, but am getting the CC-501 error, indicating that it is an issue with Quicken, not PHH.
  • Almost two weeks now and still the same, no resolution. Cannot update account due to error on Quicken Server. How does it take two weeks to resolve an issue? What is the SLA?
  • bluwolves
    bluwolves Member ✭✭
    I am still having the same issue and sent reports/logs several times with no update from support. Still no resolution?
  • My loan got sold from Amerihome to PHH so I am trying to setup my new account. For over a week now all I can get out of Quicken is a 501 error "Don't reach out to PHH". I have sent a few "error reports" to them along with screenshots of the error. Am I going to be able to sync quicken to this new mortgage servicer?
  • Same issue here with connecting to PHH. Nothing back from Quicken on the reports I keep sending and it's getting annoying.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

For whatever it's worth ... I would not bother attempting to activate any loan or mortgage account for downloading.  (Not discussing LOC or HELOC accounts here which should be treated like credit card accounts)

An online-connected loan or mortgage account does NOT have a transaction register. All data shown in the account come from whatever information the bank downloads to you ... if this process works at all.

As a result of being connected, the scheduled payment transaction reminder cannot transfer the amount of principal paid into the (non existent) account register and must use a category, usually something like Loan:Principal, instead. The category seems to vary with the Loan Type you selected when creating the loan account in Quicken.

Effective with Quicken Windows 2018+
    you can deactivate an online-connected loan account and regain full control over your transaction register.  However, you should still review the Scheduled Reminder (or Memorized Payee List entry) associated with the monthly loan payments to ensure they now transfer Principal to the loan account register and not to a Category.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just sent my fifth set of logs in for the CC-501 CC501 issue with PHH Mortgage.

Sending logs every time there's a hiccup during download won't accelerate the process. As the fine print in the dialog says, you won't get a response specific to your submission. Meanwhile you're just feeding the recycle bin.
    Let the support teams and the bank work out the problem. They'll solve it ... eventually ...
  • cnewton
    cnewton Member
    I'm having the same problem using Quicken Deluxe for Mac (subscription, version 6.3.3). The connections to PHH worked normally until sometime in August 2021, and now it's like a timeout error where Quicken just gives up trying to connect. When I tried to update the connection settings to PHH the error message says "Quicken Cloud is busy", and suggests "Try again in a little while. This is usually due to a high server load." The technical explanation shown is "AGGREGATION_IN_PROGRESS (REMOTE_UPDATE_IN_PROGRESS)".
  • dahoberty
    dahoberty Member ✭✭
    I have been seeing the same CC-501 error for PHH Mortgage since August 26. I agree with QuickStudy - I'm paying for the Quicken subscription, so why are known issues going unresolved for weeks? That's why we pay the subscription, so we can keep things updated and working. Very frustrating.
  • Walter M.
    Walter M. Member ✭✭
    Ditto here. :/
  • AndyLeas
    AndyLeas Member ✭✭
    I've been having the same problem with Loan Depot for 2 months now. Finally deleted the online function and tried to reconnect. Same CC-501 problem. Called Quicken support 3 times and sent the log files. Finally called Loan Depot and they said that several Quicken customers had called them. Their IT department is working with Quicken about this problem (ya, sure). On my last call to Quicken (9/22/21) they said they were escalating the problem. I starting to give up. I've been using Quicken for over 20 years and have never had a situation go on for this long. Please Quicken . Fix it.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Is Customer Support going to issue a response to all of the CC-501 errors going on across many vendors?
    Hello @QuickStudy

Thank you for your question although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

We do have an open and ongoing issue that affects multiple mortgage providers including PHH Mortgage.

If you haven't already, please visit the ongoing alert here, and bookmark it to automatically receive further updates and/or the resolution for this known issue, once available.

I hope this helps,

Sarah
  • Same is happening to me
  • Rob Albanese
    Rob Albanese Member ✭✭
    Im still getting the cc-501 Error Thes has been going on Waaaaaaaaaaay too long. What is the update and how long has it been since we got anything other than we are working on it
  • Rob Albanese
    Rob Albanese Member ✭✭
    This has been going on for 3 MONTHS and all we get is we are working on it. I have never seen a software bug take this long to at least show some progress towards a fix. What is being done to resolve this and when can we expect some progress