Why won't R35.31 Upgrade install?

Quicken says there is a R35.31 U[grade but it won't install. "The process cannot access the file 'C:\ProgramData\Quicken\Inet\Common\patch\quickenPatch\w3508\base\bagent.exe' because it is being used by another process"

I've tried multiple times but always get the same error and the install fails. I've tried stopping all other programs and it doesn't help. This has been happening the last couple of updates but I've found that I can update using the mondo patch successfully.

However, this time the mondo patch has not yet been updated for update 35.31. So could someone figure out what the error means and how to work around it and/or update the latest mondo patch to include 35.31?

Thanks.
Bruce.

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @bachastain

I am not sure why the R35.31 mondo patch is not yet available.  I checked, and you are correct that the latest mondo patch is 35.26 .  If you want to go the mondo patch route, I would suggest that you continue to monitor this LINK, since it is likely that the latest patch will be posted soon.

However, given that you have been having recent problems with Quicken update installations in general, I would suggest that you try to determine why that is happening.  Have you done any troubleshooting on the problem of not being able to install upgrades?  What anti-virus software are you using? 

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @bachastain

I am not sure why the R35.31 mondo patch is not yet available.  I checked, and you are correct that the latest mondo patch is 35.26 .  If you want to go the mondo patch route, I would suggest that you continue to monitor this LINK, since it is likely that the latest patch will be posted soon.

However, given that you have been having recent problems with Quicken update installations in general, I would suggest that you try to determine why that is happening.  Have you done any troubleshooting on the problem of not being able to install upgrades?  What anti-virus software are you using? 

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• bachastain
    bachastain Member ✭✭
    Wow that was definitely the right question to ask. I have Trend Micro anti-virus and I disabled it and the install completed fine! Thanks for the fast reply! I'll remember that next time. All good now.
This discussion has been closed.