Can't select reconcile option (Windows)

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: I cannot select the reconcile option (Q Mac).

Comments

• Manniesm
    Manniesm Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same problem - the option to manually clear or reconcile is grayed out with 3 dots. This is for transactions in an investment account.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @Manniesm  The question and replies above were about being able to click Reconcile in the bottom menu bar in order to open the reconcile window for an account. Are asking about clicking on the checkbox in the "Clr" column of an investment account?

Can you explain, or post a screen shot, of where you are clicking and the 3 dots? I am able to reconcile transactions in an investment account, and I am able to click the Clr column to put a blue check mark on an investment transaction, so I'm obviously not understanding what you're trying to do.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Manniesm
    Manniesm Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have been able to manually reconcile an investment transaction in the same manner as a checking account. Previously, when the cursor was put on the box showing whether the transaction was uncleared, cleared, or reconciled, a pop-up would appear allowing you to manually make a change. Now you no longer have the option (See attached). Notice the investment transactions above the highlighted one show as "cleared (c)". As soon as you highlight one of them, manual control is lost.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Ah, you’re using Quicken Windows. You posted in a Quicken Mac category, and my reply was regarding Quicken Mac. I will ask a moderator to move this post to a Quicken Windows category so Windows users will be see it and be able to help you.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Manniesm said:
    I have been able to manually reconcile an investment transaction in the same manner as a checking account. Previously, when the cursor was put on the box showing whether the transaction was uncleared, cleared, or reconciled, a pop-up would appear allowing you to manually make a change. Now you no longer have the option (See attached). Notice the investment transactions above the highlighted one show as "cleared (c)". As soon as you highlight one of them, manual control is lost.
    It looks like you are using Large Fonts, and the Clr column is too small to hold the c/R and the pull down menu control.  That is why you are getting the ...  Widen the Clr column.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Manniesm
    Manniesm Member ✭✭
    Options
    You're absolutley correct! I had just changed the font. Thanks, Manniesm
This discussion has been closed.