PenFed - CC-502 (Windows)

This discussion was created from comments split from: PenFed Error (Mac).

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited September 2021 Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and report this error to us, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, if you haven't already, please review this error-specific support article regarding error CC-502.

As stated at the bottom of the article, if the error persists after 24 hours or more, you will need to contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance. Our support agents will need to collect and review your log files in order to further investigate and file for an escalation.

The more log files our support team is able to collect, the better! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• josad
    josad Member ✭✭
    Good Day,
    I'm a Windows user but am also experiencing an issue with auto downloading transactions/connecting to PENFED via QUICKEN as of last Friday 8/27/2021. Apparently PENFED added or updated an additional security step for me as of that day that required the entry of 6 digit pass code when logging into my account via the web. I get a cc-502 error code when I attempt to add a new penfed account via the quicken application. I suspect there needs to be some type of change made to quicken that prompts one to request a penfed security code in order to enter it for quicken authorization to my account.
  • been having issues updated accounts at PenFed for over a week now (today is 9/1; last successful update was 8/21). Anyone else and is there any prognosis that anyone knows for a fix?
  • josad
    josad Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same issue since 8/26. Error first occurred for me on 8/27, same day PENFED implemented a new/updated security update that required me to authenticate to my online web account using a security code. I suspect the security update may be a factor why I can't automatically download PENFED transactions anymore. I've contacted PENFED today, awaiting a call back from their tech support to see if they need to coordinate with QUICKEN regarding their recent security enhancement.
  • SpartyRB
    SpartyRB Member ✭✭
    Same issue. Hope it's not a permanent issue with the new PenFed update.
  • josad, appreciate if you would post what PenFed tells you in response to your reachout-
  • BereanPK
    BereanPK Member ✭✭
    I checked with PenFed this AM, and they told me that there are NO problems on their end, thus (knowing how sometimes with login change methods, Quicken needs to play "catch-up"), it is EXTREMELY likely that despite the CC-502 error, this is purely a Quicken issue and that the techs need to modify the code to account for PenFed's new login credentialing method. Again, knowing Quicken's past history, this may take weeks. Thank G-d we can manually download from PenFed.org in the meantime.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited September 2021 Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and report this error to us, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, if you haven't already, please review this error-specific support article regarding error CC-502.

As stated at the bottom of the article, if the error persists after 24 hours or more, you will need to contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance. Our support agents will need to collect and review your log files in order to further investigate and file for an escalation.

The more log files our support team is able to collect, the better! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• It seems that PenFed changed there login pages. Wonder if that is an issue that causes the CC-502 errors. I'm having the same issue,
  • This is still a problem as of today. Quicken Anja, when can we expect this to be fixed? Thanks!
  • geyerjh1
    geyerjh1 Member ✭✭
    I started experiencing the CC-502 around 9/7. Still going on today. Opened a ticket with support. They are aware of the PFCU issue but not resolution ETA.
  • mikeys
    mikeys Member
    Called support, they said they will post here when issue is resolved.
  • geyerjh1
    geyerjh1 Member ✭✭
    Quicken - Please fix this. whether PenFed made a change or or not, we subscribe to you. Is it not your responsibility to address changes that are made that affect your customers? It looks like the issue was first reported on 9/1 - that's 2 weeks ago. Our business can be taken elsewhere.
  • Smart_VAH
    Smart_VAH Member ✭✭
    Trouble shooting with Quicken support on 09/02/2021 was detailed but not conclusive (tkt #8829264). The ticket has been marked as escalated for resolution. Any update on this status? Not sure why the update has been problematic after so many years of functioning.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, you may want to review: NEW 9/10/21 Pentagon Federal Credit Union Returns CC-502/102 Error
  • geyerjh1
    geyerjh1 Member ✭✭
    The PenFed issue seems to be resolved. Updated my account successfully a few minutes ago.
  • I was also able to update accounts. I'll try again in the morning to make sure it's still updating.
  • Smart_VAH
    Smart_VAH Member ✭✭
    Attempted update of my PenFed accounts was successful! 'Deactivated' each account in Quicken-for-Windows and reconnect one-by-one. I run the latest version of Quicken on a Mac with virtualized Win 8.1 OS. Accounts and downloads were synced without errors. Thank you, Quicken Support, for the resolution. Much appreciated!
This discussion has been closed.