Cannot expand portfolio chart (Q Mac)

mcr01
mcr01 Member
I resized my investment account portfolio chart so that it wasn't visible and now I can't get it to expand. The drag to resize isn't working. How can I fix this?

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    You should see a small dot at the center of the window near the top (as shown below). When you hover your cursor over this dot, it will change to a "drag down" symbol. Dragging this downward should reveal the graph. If that's what you're going and it's not working, have you tried restarting the computer?

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • mcr01
    mcr01 Member
    Thanks for responding.Right, that should work but it doesn’t. When you hover overseas the dot you should see an arrow pointing up and down. On this particular account only the down arrow shows and it doesn’t grab the dot to pull down. It’s stuck so that The graphics is completely hidden.
  • mcr01
    mcr01 Member
    Oh and yes once tried restarting :)
  • lhossus
    lhossus SuperUser, Mac Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    mcr01 said:
    ... When you hover overseas the dot you should see an arrow pointing up and down.
    Just to be totally accurate: since the portfolio chart is hidden, the arrow SHOULD only point down - as you have observed it actually does.
    mcr01 said:
    ... On this particular account only the down arrow shows and it doesn’t grab the dot to pull down. It’s stuck so that The graphics is completely hidden.
    Observation: one does not have to grab the dot. Clicking anywhere along the horizontal "bar" that contains dot will bring up the drag cursor.

What happens if you click on this bar and drag downward about two inches and pause with the mouse button still down?  a) Does the drag cursor change from a down arrow to an up and down arrow? OR b) it stays a down arrow only.?

Do you have more than one investment account? Do all the individual accounts exhibit this problem? What about the account groups (Brokerage, Retirement, etc. and Investing)?

When I drag open the chart from its hidden state, there is a noticeable delay before the chart appears? I am wondering if:
    a) you have a long investment history?
    b) a very large number of securities?
    c) a corrupted account?
    Any of these could increase the time to generate the chart.

Do you have any backup data files you can load up temporarily to see if the problem is present there?

Hope some of this is helpful.

Quicken Mac Subscription • macOS Monterey 12.6 on MacBook Pro 13" M1
This discussion has been closed.