One Step Update [problems with Express Web Connect transaction downloading]

JLOB
JLOB Member ✭✭
Why has One Step Update become soo unreliable with each update?

Lately, half of my accounts will update while half will not. For the accounts that do update, I'm constantly having to Reset the Connection or completely Deactivate the connection and set it up again. This type of 'baby siting' should not be necessary with a subscription based app.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @JLOB,

Some additional information may help us to determine what is happening. 

Are you getting any error codes; if so - which ones?  Which types of connections (connection types are Direct Connect, Express Web Connect and Web Connect) are having these problems and which are not?  Which version of Quicken are you running?

Get back to us and we'll go from there.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• JLOB
    JLOB Member ✭✭
    I'm not receiving any error codes rather the connections that won't update will timeout after clocking for approx. 3-5 minutes. The connections having issues are all via Express Web Connect. Financial Institutions using Direct Connect appear to update/download as expected. Currently, I am using Quicken Premier, Version R35.31
  • JLOB
    JLOB Member ✭✭
    edited September 2021
    I should add that, if the accounts connected via Express Web Connect don't timeout after clocking, Quicken will crash. So either One Step Update will clock 3-5 minutes with no update or, after clocking 3 -5 minutes, the screen will turn Black and Quicken crashes
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @JLOB,

Thanks for the additional information.  Did this problem begin before or after you moved to R35.31?

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• JLOB
    JLOB Member ✭✭
    I noticed it after updating to R35.31. Before the update, Express Web Updates had been more stable.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @JLOB,

Based on what you've said above, I suggest that you contact Quicken Support so that they can provide direct assistance with the problems you are seeing.  Here's a LINK and I suggest that you do it today as they won't be available over the weekend. 

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

This discussion has been closed.