citicards not connecting?

pamela77
pamela77 Member ✭✭✭
I am running Quicken 6.2.1 on an older mac using Catalina. Everything was fine until a few days ago when citicards quit connecting on all my citi accounts. I have tried disconnecting, closing Q, restarting my computer and reconnecting. I have triple checked the user name and PW. What do you suggest please?
Thank you
Pamela

Best Answers

Answers

• pamela77
    pamela77 Member ✭✭✭
    An update to the above information...I just updated my quicken to the latest version and it didn't help. I called citi and they refreshed the account but it didn't work...Any ideas would be appreciated.
  • Hello @pamela77,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Are you receiving any specific error code(s) and/or message(s) while trying to connect that you could provide us with here, please? Also, which connection type are you using to connect (Quicken Connect or Direct Connect)?

Please check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• pamela77
    pamela77 Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you for responding😊 If I try quicken connect I just get a message saying "did you type your PW and login correctly" If I try direct connect it tells me that the PW or login is incorrect. I am using 1password and I can log into the cc accounts with no problem so I know they are right. One time when I tried it said the citicard web sight may be down, but it is not - I have logged into it multiple times this morning. I have 4 accounts at citi that are not working - one in my name and 3 in my husbands name. This has been happening since about 4 days ago. I did change my PW at citicard, and I am not sure if the timing was the same time that the problems occurred. Right now all the accounts are disconnected
  • Rajaram
    Rajaram Member
    using version 6.3.3; since Citibank credit card was replaced all downloads from citi do not recognize the existing Citibank account
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @pamela77 and @Rajaram

Thank you for the updates and letting us know about the errors you're receiving. We are currently having issues with Citibank/Citicards updating/adding accounts You may see a 502/102 error depending on whether you're on Windows or Mac. Any further updates on the issue will be posted on the announcement down below. If you'd like to follow the issue you can do so by clicking the ribbon to the right of the title.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7898164/citi-bank-citi-cards-cc-502-102

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • pamela77
    pamela77 Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thank you.
  • I, too, am having this problem for over a month and it looks like there is no resolution. It started after changing my PW on Citi website. I updated Quicken with the new PW and started getting this error. I have tried disconnecting the Citi account and reconnecting to no avail. Manual entry is not an option either through importing a CSV file or entering all transactions. If not fixed soon I will have to go to a different solution.
  • pamela77
    pamela77 Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you for your comment. I disconnected my accounts a few weeks ago. Today, I tried connecting them again using the normal method and it worked. I don't know why, but it worked today.
  • Patou
    Patou Member ✭✭
    I also cannot get Citi cards to connect__interested in : if I disconnect and reconnect - will I lose the previous downloaded transactions?
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Patou

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having difficulties connecting your account(s). Depending on the error code/message you are getting, I would not advise disconnecting your account immediately. Having said that any previously downloaded transactions will remain in your register. It is also always a good idea to do backup regularly just in case of any issues. 

To better assist you, could you let us know if you are getting any error codes/messages? 

Please elaborate and once more information is obtained we can move forward in diagnosing the issue at hand. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • pamela77
    pamela77 Member ✭✭✭
    I disconnected, and all my previous transactions stayed there, then I reconnected a few weeks later and was able to download all subsequent transactions.
This discussion has been closed.