Capital One downloads creates duplicate accounts

Hello,

After several weeks of issues with Capital One with CC-501 or just hangs, I have finally gotten successful connections to Capital one for my three accounts (Savings, MM, Credit Card). Unfortunately this only happens after authorizing my accounts at Capital One again. Each time it authorizes, it doesn't ask to link to an existing account. Instead new accounts are created, even though the account numbers in the original account match what Capital One downloads. Now I have multiple duplicate accounts for each account type with the exact same names, just with Quicken appending a number to the end of the account name (ie: last four of account numbers have been changed, but here's what it looks like:
XXXX1111 Savings ;
XXXX1111 Savings 2;
XXXX2222 Savings ;
XXXX2222 Savings 2;
XXXX1111 Credit Card;
XXXX1111 Credit Card 2)

How do I get Quicken to force the link to the correct account?
Quicken R35.31
Build: 27.1.35.31
Tagged:

Answers

• Hello @Joesc,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

Do you have a recent backup that was saved prior to this issue occurring that you can restore? To start with, I suggest restoring a backup file to see if the same issue occurs in the restored file. You can do so by navigating to "File > Restore a Backup File...".

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Joesc
    Joesc Member ✭✭
    I have done several restores from backup. Happens continuously. The issue is that when it connects to capital one, it ignores whatever setting is needed to prompt the link popup even thought the account numbers match.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Joesc

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this persisting issue. I would recommend contacting Quicken Support so that they may troubleshoot further with you. An agent will also be able to pull the log files and take a further look. 

To contact Quicken Support please visit the link below. 

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Let us know of any questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma 
This discussion has been closed.