Quicken not updating!

Quicken About tells me I am on Version R18.15 Build 27.1.18.15, Then I see in a newsletter that the newest version coming in Sept. is 35!
1. Can I get up to date just by downloading and installing the Mondo patch?
2. How do I get the software to update automatically again when a new update is released?
3. Where can I find a full list of release notes back to R18 so I know what to expect when I get up to date?
4. Why am I paying a subscription fee when I don't get updates???

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    1. Yes.
    2. I would advise against it but you may enable Windows UAC.
    3. https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-windows-release-notes
    4. Because you have chosen to.
  • wiiiindy
    wiiiindy Member ✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Thanks. But your cryptic answer to #2 is not very helpful. I am pretty sure UAC is enabled but configured loosely. I haven't looked at it since I got the computer but it is not irritating the hell out of me. Why do you advise against it?
    #4. Not really. If I wanted to continue using it and getting the benefits I wanted, I had to pay. I fully expected that I would be notified when updates were available or they would be installed automatically.
    Thanks again. I can't wait to see what kind of damage has been done between R18 and R35. orrr maybe I'll leave well enough alone and stay on 18.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    wiiiindy said:
    Thanks. But your cryptic answer to #2 is not very helpful. I am pretty sure UAC is enabled but configured loosely. I haven't looked at it since I got the computer but it is not irritating the hell out of me. Why do you advise against it?
    #4. Not really. If I wanted to continue using it and getting the benefits I wanted, I had to pay. I fully expected that I would be notified when updates were available or they would be installed automatically.
    Thanks again. I can't wait to see what kind of damage has been done between R18 and R35. orrr maybe I'll leave well enough alone and stay on 18.
    I was not trying to be cryptic.  I suggest setting UAC to Always notify or the default so that Windows does not allow Quicken (or any other application) to update automatically without your approval.  Quicken will stage numerous releases updates to a limited number of users at a time to determine if there are any critical issues that need to be addressed before a release is made generally available to all users.  I prefer to reduce the likelihood that I will have to recover from unexpected issues and only update software when I choose.  We may follow the status of a Quicken release in: Product Releases and Announcements: Windows

With regard to #4, really?   If you chose to pay the subscription for the ability to use the Online Services and chose not to use all of the Online Services available, that is your choice.  To determine if there is a an update available, all we need do is choose to select Help > Check for Updates.  Quicken will also alert us to the availability of an update, when we choose to use One Step Update (press Ctrl + 1).  Quicken will even attempt to update itself when Quicken is opened and a new update is available but, if you have the UAC set as I suggest, you may choose not to accept the update.
  • wiiiindy
    wiiiindy Member ✭✭
    Thanks for your help and info.
This discussion has been closed.