Why did Quicken stop connecting to T Rowe Price Retirement Plans?

For years I have updated my 401k daily using Quicken Web Connect with T Rowe Price Retirement Plans. Starting Monday, September 6, 2021 it stopped connecting and updating and has not since. Why is that?

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

This post has become argumentative and is now closed for further discussion.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• RioBlanco
    RioBlanco Member ✭✭✭
    Similar problem here. Contacted Quicken and they feel it is a Trowe issue. Contacted Trowe and sent them the quicken Logs. Awaiting their response. Of interest similar issue noted in the community forum for windows machines. I too hope this gets resolved soon
  • BondColonel
    BondColonel Member ✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Thanks for the note. If Quicken won't connect to my retirement accounts, I will stop using Quicken and look for alternatives. [Removed - Speculation]  For me, my retirement planning is too important to go with a financial management tool that won't sync with critical financial institutions.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Quicken already won't take steps needed to be accepted by the Federal Thrift Savings Plan. For me, my retirement planning is too important to go with a financial management tool that won't sync with critical financial institutions.
    @BondColonel Quicken works with every financial institution that signs on to operate with Quicken, more than 14,000 institutions. Usually when a financial institution doesn't work with Quicken, it's because thy hav e decided not too support it. They may not want to hav the security exposure of allowing such logins; they may not want to run the server(s) it would require; they may not want to have their support staff have to deal with customer support issues; they may not want to pay Intuit (who runs connectivity services for Quicken) the licensing fee to participate. It's up to clients of a financial institution to lobby them to support their customers who use Quicken.

You said "Quicken won't take steps needed to be accepted" by your financial institution, when it's almost always the other way around. What is it that you have found Quicken won't do?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • BondColonel
    BondColonel Member ✭✭
    edited September 2021
    [Removed - Off Topic/Argumentative/Speculation]
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

This post has become argumentative and is now closed for further discussion.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.