Shares Transferred between Accounts---Problems!!!!!!

Gary R
Gary R Member ✭✭✭
edited September 2021 in Investing (Windows)
I previously posted an issue with my transfer of assets from Vanguard to Fidelity. My portfolio returns could not be reconciled with the Performance reports.
Today, I dedided to delve further into this and just try one security and here's the results.

2/2/21--Transfer T. Rowe Price Emerging market bond fund to Fidelity---730 shares at $8115
On 2/2/21 The investment report grouped by account shows Return Year to Date, Fidelity of $152, Loss of $346 for same security on T. Rowe Price.

Then, the entered the emerging bond fund on the Performance report for 2/2/21 and selected the two accounts and there was only a small gain of $50

This clearly makes no sense---------I've read all the replies previously, but never tried to reconcile this with just one transaction.

THIS IS THE PERFORMANCE REPORT IN QUICKEN

9/14/2021Page 1
Date Account Action Description Investments Returns Avg. Ann...

Fidelity Rollover--Advisor-Gary
2/2/2021 Beg Mkt Val 0.00
2/2/2021 Fidelity...Added 722 T. Rowe Price Em... 8,267.24

2/2/2021 End Mkt Val 8,267.24
TOTAL Fidelity Rollover--Advisor-Gary 8,267.24 8,267.24 0.00%

T.Rowe Active 60 IRA XX

2/2/2021 Beg Mkt Val 8,345.11
2/2/2021 T.Rowe A...Removed 730 T. Rowe Price Em... 8,359.71
2/2/2021 End Mkt Val 0.00
TOTAL T.Rowe Active 60 IRA 8,345.11 8,359.71 89.32%

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Removed.  I was looking at the wrong thing.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you transferred 730 shares to Fidelity, why does the report show you only added 722 shares?

When transferring shares between accounts, I suggest you use the Shares Transferred Between Accounts wizard to avoid these types of errors.
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you roll over a IRA to a ROTH IRA?   Maybe they took some out for tax withholding or fees?

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Gary R said:

Then, the entered the emerging bond fund on the Performance report for 2/2/21 and selected the two accounts and there was only a small gain of $50

This clearly makes no sense---------I've read all the replies previously, but never tried to reconcile this with just one transaction.

These statements don't make sense to me.  You don't reconcile to a performance report.  You reconcile to your financial institution's statements.

This is where I was confused before and took the statement as a completely different subject.  As in it sounded like to me you are trying to compare the "return", not actually doing a reconcile and you already know that you have different amounts of shares, but don't care about that.

Then I think I was on the right track in the first place.  The return value given is dependent on the transactions you have in the register.  And if you are just removing in one account and adding in the other the cost basis can be fixed with the right entries, but the Income and therefore the Return can't be, it needs all the transactions.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Gary R
    Gary R Member ✭✭✭
    "If you transferred 730 shares to Fidelity, why does the report show you only added 722 shares?"

I just noticed this----I need to go back and check this ASAP--No idea why there is a difference
  • Gary R
    Gary R Member ✭✭✭
    This is really messed up. I just looked at my statement from T. Rowe Price and 733.39 shares were transferred to Fidelity on 22/2/2021. Then I checked the Fidelity statement and 722.03 shares were transferred on the same date. WTF???????I didn't catch this until Sherlock noticed it.
    I'm going to try another security and see if the same thing happened.
  • Gary R
    Gary R Member ✭✭✭
    I just printed out statements from T. Rowe Price for the last three years showing investment returns and compared them to the Quicken Performance Reports for the same years. You won't believe this-----
    Two years were exact numbes and one year was off by $1,000. I think I'm just going to let this go. I'm sure something is entered incorrectly in Quicken, but The Brokerage statements must be correct.
    Thanks for the replies and time
This discussion has been closed.