"Chase requires that you enter more information in order to connect" but code never arrives

Misterbill
Misterbill Member, Windows Beta Beta
When my automatic update runs, Quicken pops up a box that says "Chase requires that you enter more information in order to connect". It offers me the choice of an emailed or texted code, but it never arrives (and yes, the email and phone numbers are correct), and I keep getting prompted over and over. Finally, I have to click cancel on the box for the update to complete. Once I have Quicken running, I'm able to update my Chase accounts without problem. Has anyone else seen this? What's the solution?

Update -- after cancelling the prompt, the update finishes and no error is reported for Chase. However, when  I click on the "7 accounts updated" it appears to be my auto loan with Chase that is not getting updated (last update is 8/28), even though an error is not reported.

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @MoneyMgr20000

So, are you getting the request for a phone number or email address so the bank can send a code, which never arrives, or is it some variation of that?  Also, does the download actually complete, or not?  Have you tried resetting the account?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Misterbill

Thank you for reaching out to the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. That is odd I'm wondering where exactly the issue is. I was trying on my end to see if I had a similar issue with my chase cards but did not. I believe it might help to try on a test file to see if we have a similar issue. This will give us a better idea of where exactly the issue is. I'll leave steps down below and you can find it on the third step of the article.

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

Once you get the chance let us know what you're able to find out. From there we'll see what our next steps will be.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Misterbill
    The problem turned out to be with my auto loan with Chase. I dd a reset and the error went away. Still doesn't explain why it kept prompting me to get a code which never arrived.
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was having trouble getting a code by email (for something else, not Quicken) and finally found the emails went to the spam folder.  You need to check your email spam and junk folders.  I had to log into my actual email account online because the email program I'm using on my Desktop apparently doesn't download emails from the spam folder so I never saw them. 

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• I'm having this same issue the last few days. For no reason I'm getting this every day.

Did something happen at Chase? Is this a global issue?
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @MoneyMgr20000

So, are you getting the request for a phone number or email address so the bank can send a code, which never arrives, or is it some variation of that?  Also, does the download actually complete, or not?  Have you tried resetting the account?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• rmadler
    rmadler Member
    I am having the same issue "Chase requires that you enter more information in order to connect". This happens when Quicken is trying to download transactions from my checking account. I never received the Identification Code and both my phone number and email address are correct.
  • Misterbill
    rmadler said:
    I am having the same issue "Chase requires that you enter more information in order to connect". This happens when Quicken is trying to download transactions from my checking account. I never received the Identification Code and both my phone number and email address are correct.
    I ended up doing a Reset and the problem went away. Not sure if that was the reason or if it resolved itself on its own.
This discussion has been closed.