Cloud Sync Problem [Edited]

EWzar
EWzar Member ✭✭
My file continues to be inaccessible due to cloud sync problem. [Removed - NO Soliciting/Rant]

Best Answers

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I second what @Greg_the_Geek wrote.  If you don't use mobile and web, turn off the sync and reset/delete your cloud dataset to start fresh.  Here are the instructions.
    I have two versions of Quicken, R32.12 (with FDS) and testing on the latest R35.31.
    * R32.12: I have had zero errors or issues since I don't even remember - Solid. 
    * Latest: I move my same file to this version to test and EVERY update I perform I get some type of connectivity error - Frustrating.  Eventually it works but after a painful amount of patience and troubleshooting process.
    Therefore the day I have to give up R32.12 (which could be by year-end) would be the day I'd start planning for alternatives if things don't improve with connectivity of the newer versions.  I would like to thank the experts/superusers and Quicken support team on this community for their incredible guidance to educate me to become self-sufficient and recover from all errors.  I remain positive.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    EWzar said:
    As you run different versions, does it require multiple applications to be installed?
    * Yes, it does require multiple Q programs installed.  Do review Quicken's licensing terms to ensure compliance.  You either need to use another computer, or a second bootable drive/partition, or install a Virtual Machine (VM) on your existing computer (Pro edition of Win10 has a builtin Hyper-V VM).
    EWzar said:
    @BK Thanks for the detailed information. I took time to review my preferences - Quicken ID & Cloud Acct. Oddly, I found nothing was ever setup; neither was any mobile/web options.
    * I don't understand what you mean by nothing was setup!
    Edit menu > Prefs > Q ID & Cloud should show your data.  Ditto with Help menu > About Quicken.  Go to  Edit > Prefs > Mobile & Web > toggle Sync=ON > OK to close it.  Next go to Edit > Prefs > Q ID & Cloud and you should see your "Cloud Account Details".

Here are few things you can experiment with in a test file to get comfortable with:
    Go to Edit > Prefs > Mobile & Web and see if it says "0 of X eligible accounts are enabled".  If you don't use mobile and web, I'd make sure that number is zero.  Right there you can Reset your cloud data if you wish.

If you wish to Delete your cloud data instead of Resetting it, you need to do so from "another" Quicken data file and then select "Cloud accounts with this Quicken ID".  Note that even when you delete your cloud data, regardless of your sync settings, a fresh one WILL be recreated.  Once all done, turn Sync back to OFF and click OK to close it.
    Tip: When I delete or reset my cloud data, initially I update my accounts one-at-a-time, anticipating potential update errors to patiently recover from, and once all are successful, then I proceed to OSU.
    What is the difference between Reset and Delete cloud data?  Perhaps none, but my personal preference is Delete.  Review this for more info.

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck with getting an answer to that here.  In fact I predict that your question will be erased by the mods.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• EWzar
    EWzar Member ✭✭
    Splasher, very true. Just venting a little.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I predict @splasher is correct. And that's a shame, because somebody at Quicken Inc should be concerned when a 20 year customer is frustrated enough to quit using Quicken. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• EWzar
    EWzar Member ✭✭
    Throughout the many versions I have purchased, there have been various issues I have encountered. Since the Cloud Infrastructure has come along, I have encountered file inaccessibility with no real solution other then repetitive attempts to go between older files verses the current file; shutting down the internet connection; cycling the mobile/website option and restarting the CPU. There has never been a concrete solution to the problem. Thanks for the feedback. Best of luck in the future.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you actually Quicken Mobile or Quicken on the Web? If not, disable cloud sync.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • EWzar
    EWzar Member ✭✭
    @Greg_the_Geek: (Thanks) I never use this feature. Confused as to why I get the error message though. Although, the error message is generic and contains many potential reasons for the file inaccessibility, I've had to try everything to find a solution to the problem.
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I second what @Greg_the_Geek wrote.  If you don't use mobile and web, turn off the sync and reset/delete your cloud dataset to start fresh.  Here are the instructions.
    I have two versions of Quicken, R32.12 (with FDS) and testing on the latest R35.31.
    * R32.12: I have had zero errors or issues since I don't even remember - Solid. 
    * Latest: I move my same file to this version to test and EVERY update I perform I get some type of connectivity error - Frustrating.  Eventually it works but after a painful amount of patience and troubleshooting process.
    Therefore the day I have to give up R32.12 (which could be by year-end) would be the day I'd start planning for alternatives if things don't improve with connectivity of the newer versions.  I would like to thank the experts/superusers and Quicken support team on this community for their incredible guidance to educate me to become self-sufficient and recover from all errors.  I remain positive.

• EWzar
    EWzar Member ✭✭
    While thinking that by keeping the app updated, I've always patched with the most current updates. Thus, I am running 27.1.35.31.
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    EWzar said:
    While thinking that by keeping the app updated, I've always patched with the most current updates. Thus, I am running 27.1.35.31.
    My approach to patch updates with anything (OS, programs, apps, firmware, driver, etc.) is if it ain't broke, don't fix it.  Does it offer a new feature that you want?  Then take your time and read reviews, test it on a different device if feasible, and know how to roll back.  If it is an urgent security patch, I'll up the priority.

• EWzar
    EWzar Member ✭✭
    @BK Thanks for the detailed information. I took time to review my preferences - Quicken ID & Cloud Acct. Oddly, I found nothing was ever setup; neither was any mobile/web options. As you run different versions, does it require multiple applications to be installed?
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    EWzar said:
    As you run different versions, does it require multiple applications to be installed?
    * Yes, it does require multiple Q programs installed.  Do review Quicken's licensing terms to ensure compliance.  You either need to use another computer, or a second bootable drive/partition, or install a Virtual Machine (VM) on your existing computer (Pro edition of Win10 has a builtin Hyper-V VM).
    EWzar said:
    @BK Thanks for the detailed information. I took time to review my preferences - Quicken ID & Cloud Acct. Oddly, I found nothing was ever setup; neither was any mobile/web options.
    * I don't understand what you mean by nothing was setup!
    Edit menu > Prefs > Q ID & Cloud should show your data.  Ditto with Help menu > About Quicken.  Go to  Edit > Prefs > Mobile & Web > toggle Sync=ON > OK to close it.  Next go to Edit > Prefs > Q ID & Cloud and you should see your "Cloud Account Details".

Here are few things you can experiment with in a test file to get comfortable with:
    Go to Edit > Prefs > Mobile & Web and see if it says "0 of X eligible accounts are enabled".  If you don't use mobile and web, I'd make sure that number is zero.  Right there you can Reset your cloud data if you wish.

If you wish to Delete your cloud data instead of Resetting it, you need to do so from "another" Quicken data file and then select "Cloud accounts with this Quicken ID".  Note that even when you delete your cloud data, regardless of your sync settings, a fresh one WILL be recreated.  Once all done, turn Sync back to OFF and click OK to close it.
    Tip: When I delete or reset my cloud data, initially I update my accounts one-at-a-time, anticipating potential update errors to patiently recover from, and once all are successful, then I proceed to OSU.
    What is the difference between Reset and Delete cloud data?  Perhaps none, but my personal preference is Delete.  Review this for more info.

This discussion has been closed.