"This institution requires that you change your Password the first time you connect"

Options
Quicken Premier version R35.31 / Win 10

I get the discussion title's message each time I attempt to download from Community Bank NA (Direct Connect). It doesn't happen with the other 8 or so downloads I do. As long as I put in a phony password, the download proceeds, but it's becoming a pain. Anyone else experience this with any of their FIs?

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That does seem quite strange, especially since your phony passwords obviously aren't being matched to anything at the bank's site and (I assume) don't change your password with the bank.
    The only thing I can think of is that there might be some "switch" you have to flip at the bank's site that somehow allows Quicken to connect for downloads.  But if that's the case then that protocol certainly hasn't been implemented properly at the bank.
    Since this is a problem only with Community Bank NA I'd suggest either digging down through their site to see if enabling "Third-Party Access to Account Information" (that's what Schwab calls this) is necessary or, maybe better, asking to talk to their Quicken technical guru to see what's going on here.
This discussion has been closed.