Add ways to sort downloaded investment transactions [Edited]

Beau Gust
Beau Gust Member
Quicken sorts downloaded transactions in date order only. My financial institution sorts their transactions by type (dividends, purchases, sales, cash), and then by date order. Seems like it should be simple to make the list of downloaded transactions sortable by any of the fields - date, action, description, and amount. Sorting lists is what computers are good at, and since we can sort the register by a variety of fields, I don't see why it would be any trouble for sorting a different dind of transaction list.
1 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I edited the title to indicate the request is for investment transactions.  We already have the ability to sort downloaded transactions in non-investment registers.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    The capability to sort investment account register transactions by Clr, Date, Action and Security already exists. 
    Sorting by other columns (Description, Share Bal, Inv Amt, Cash Amt) is not currently available but I'm not sure I understand what value sorting by these things brings to the table.  Maybe @Beau Gust could provide more comment on this?
    (QW Premier Subscription: R36.48 on Windows 10)
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 17
    The capability to sort investment account register transactions by Clr, Date, Action and Security already exists. 
    Sorting by other columns (Description, Share Bal, Inv Amt, Cash Amt) is not currently available but I'm not sure I understand what value sorting by these things brings to the table.  Maybe @Beau Gust could provide more comment on this?
    The capability does not already exist for the downloaded investment transactions before they been accepted into the register.  
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Sherlock said:
    The capability does not already exist for the downloaded investment transactions before they been accepted in to the register.  
    Ah.  Thanks for the clarification.  I was thinking of the register itself, not before they get entered into the register. I suppose for those who might bounce downloaded transactions off of what the FI shows before accepting them into the register this sorting option could be beneficial.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R36.48 on Windows 10)