Unable to do online update for American Express and TD Ameritrade since Aug 17, 2021

Using Quickent 2014 Home version R35.31

It seems after the update, I could not establish online updates for these accounts. I have been trying ever since. Financial institution say it is a Quicken problem.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Hawkeye2500

Are you getting any error codes when you try to connect.  Are your other accounts downloading properly?  What actually happens when you try to connect and it fails?

Get beck to us and we'll go from there?

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Hawkeye2500
    Hawkeye2500 Member ✭✭
    I receive OL-297-A error code. I have 4 other accounts updating correctly.
  • Hawkeye2500
    Hawkeye2500 Member ✭✭
    Correction using Quicken Premier 2014 version R35.31. Both institutions say it is a Quicken issue. I have done the trouble shooting steps recommended in the support article.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    How are you connecting - are you using a VPN when connecting?

If so, I suggest that you temporarily disable the VPN and attempt to connect with both financial institutions.  Let us know how that goes.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Hawkeye2500
    Hawkeye2500 Member ✭✭
    I turned off VPN, no luck. It asks for my user name and password which I entered as well as account number and online pin. Both ways failed. I logged into my TD Ameritrade online without a problem using my User Name and Password. Definitely Quicken issue.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Hi again @Hawkeye2500,

It could be just a temporary issue (although the fact that it involves two financial institutions makes that less likely). 

You could contact Quicken Support for some hands-on assistance - here's the LINK.  Or you could try making the connection via a new Quicken file (i.e. try establishing a new Quicken datafile with just those  two accounts and try the download again.

Let us know how that goes.

Frankx

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    > "Using Quickent 2014 Home version R35.31" (sic)
    Just for the record:
    You may have started out using Quicken 2014, but one or more complete replacement software upgrades later you are now actually using Quicken Subscription (sometimes referred to as Quicken 2021). The year number was dropped from the name because the method of releasing software updates has changed over the years.
This discussion has been closed.