Citibank Costco credit card - CC-502

System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Unable to reconcile Citi-Costco Card.

Comments

• forestsoup
    forestsoup Member ✭✭
    I've tried about everything to get my transactions to download into Quicken, including chatting with Quicken support and following these instructions. It continues to give me CC-502 error. Transactions used to download fine until sometime in August 2021 when they stopped. I'm getting pretty frustrated.
  • forestsoup
    forestsoup Member ✭✭
    I didn't mention that this is only happening with my Citibank Costco credit card transactions
  • Hello @forestsoup,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to review this error-specific support article regarding error CC-502.

As stated at the bottom of the article, if the error continues to persist after 24 hours or more, you will need to contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance. Our support agents will need to collect and review your log files to find the internal error and file for an escalation if they see fit.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    If you haven't already, I suggest you deactivate the Online Services of the register (open the register, press Ctrl + Shift + E, select the Online Services tab), clear the name of the financial institution (on the General tab), and select OK.  Next, select Tools > Add Account..., enter Citi Cards, select Advanced Options, choose Direct Connect, ...  After you have provided the authentication credentials, Quicken should obtain the credit card account and allow you to link it to the existing register.

Note: You may need to enable access for Quicken: sign in to the Citi web site, select Profile > More Settings, and Manage Desktop Apps
  • forestsoup
    forestsoup Member ✭✭
    Thanks, Quicken Anja and Sherlock. I have contacted Quicken support and received the same suggestions that Sherlock gave me. They didn't work. When I try to add an app through Citi's web service, I continue to get the CC 502 error on the Quicken end. I don't understand how I could have received auto transaction updates until the end of August and since then I have to download them manually. Nothing changed on my end--same account, same username, same password.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, Quicken Anja and Sherlock. I have contacted Quicken support and received the same suggestions that Sherlock gave me. They didn't work. When I try to add an app through Citi's web service, I continue to get the CC 502 error on the Quicken end. I don't understand how I could have received auto transaction updates until the end of August and since then I have to download them manually. Nothing changed on my end--same account, same username, same password.
    If you followed the directions I provided, you should not receive a CC-502.  I can only suggest you try again.
  • Note, I am having the same issues. Have contacted Quicken Support and followed same instructions. Continue to get the CC 502 error. Worked for years, until the beginning of September
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @jltdelliott2012

We are currently having issues with Citibank. We do not currently have an ETA. I would recommend following the post down below for more information on the issue. You can follow by going across the top to the right of the title and clicking the ribbon. 

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7898164/citi-bank-citi-cards-cc-502-102#latest

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • Frustrating. Just paid annual subscription with - with another price increase - and this problem coincidently began and has persisted. Not cool.
  • DL Rehm
    DL Rehm Member ✭✭
    The Quicken Admin moderator's comment is that this issue is intermittent. It certainly has NOT been for us. We opened our Costco CitiCard account a couple months ago. We've been trying to add it to our Quicken accounts list ever since - every other day, if not more. The same error.
    I've been a Quicken user for 30 years (1991), and obviously not the only one.
    We have talked to Quicken Support directly, and they just said they're working on it. I would think Quicken and CitiBank could make this a priority and get it resolved.
This discussion has been closed.