i have a transaction from checking account to savings i cant delete

cstrent
cstrent Member ✭✭
the transaction just shwed up in my registar. it's from one of my banks checking accnts to a different banks savings account whch i never do. when i try to delete either one i get the message it's part of a split and cannot not delete it here. how can i delete

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    To locate the split transaction: select the transfer transaction and press Ctrl + Shift + X
  • cstrent
    cstrent Member ✭✭
    i can locate it, i can't delete it. c-s-x doesn't do anything for this transaction
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    cstrent said:
    i can locate it, i can't delete it. c-s-x doesn't do anything for this transaction
    If you can locate the split transaction, you should be able to delete the transfer entry in the split transaction.
  • cstrent
    cstrent Member ✭✭
    for some reason, quicken made two entries for one split item. so it shows up in my register twice. each split refers to the same initial transaction. wierd
  • cstrent
    cstrent Member ✭✭
    I fixed by changing the transfer category to a different account which eliminated one transaction. then I changed the category of the second transaction. this allowed me to clear the split lines, once the split was cleared I was able to delete the transaction. then I went back to the original transaction and changed back to the correct account and now no more duplicate entry. that hurt.
This discussion has been closed.