Favorite Oddball Foods...

Options
Quicken Anja
Quicken Anja Moderator mod
edited February 2023 in The Water Cooler
While September slowly starts approaching October and we prepare to move into Spooky season, we'd like to ask you about the following;

What foods do you love that a lot of people might find a little odd?

Personally, I love the combination of just about any fruit and salt, though strawberries and salt are probably my favorite!

What's yours?

-Quicken Anja
Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Comments

• Chris27
    Chris27 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Mountain Oysters
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One of the things I've seen that has had mixed reactions when talked about would be Tacos de Lengua (Cow Tongue). More people seem to be warming up to the idea but it is still something that some people that seem to detract from due to the texture. I'd recommend giving it a try if you're able to grab one from a local restaurant or Mexican market.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like a snack of sliced apples with peanut butter. Mmm!
    QWin Premier subscription
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Peanut Butter & Pimento Cheese sandwich

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Options
    TJ's natural crunchy unsalted peanut butter & pickles sandwich.
    I also like Tongue sandwich @Quicken Francisco if it is properly slow-cooked prepared.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• garysmith87
    garysmith87 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Escargot...drenched in garlic butter.
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The restaurant sommeliers find it odd when I inquire about the vintage of the "Close du Boyz" Mer-lot or if they have any "pink" Zinfandel instead of the white kind - and embarrass my wife!

- QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Escargot...drenched in garlic butter.

I'm not sure that Escargot qualify as "oddball foods" ... at least not for my 795 year old food and wine society.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BK said:
    The restaurant sommeliers find it odd when I inquire about the vintage of the "Close du Boyz" Mer-lot or if they have any "pink" Zinfandel instead of the white kind - and embarrass my wife!

I was once in a restaurant in Kentucky where they had this wine listed as "Clos de Boise".  Not entirely believing that they were wrong, I asked to see the label before I ordered a bottle.

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I do enjoy a wide variety of foods but I don't think their oddball.  My better half enjoys abalone liver as well as bacon and peanut butter sandwiches.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How about "Königsberger Klopse"?
    My mom used to serve this Eastern German specialty. Meatballs with plenty of ground herring mixed in, served in a white, sweet and sour sauce with capers and a serving of boiled potatoes on the side.
    Yum!

• FlyerFran
    FlyerFran Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    Like @Jim_Harman, I like slices of apples with Peanut Butter and also with bananas.  Alos like almond butter and cashew butter.  

• TTSguy
    TTSguy Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Peanut butter sandwich with dill pickles...Yum, OR Chocolate cake with Lays original classic potato chips!
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like Scrapple which, according to people I know, includes everything that makes a pig a pig, except for for the squeel.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.